Liquid Fast

Options
Can anyone recommend a good liquid fast? I'm getting desperate to lose a couple and get off of this plateau. I'm very bloated from my fiber pills but they're not handling their business. lol. Suggestions?:frown:

Replies

• DynamicDiva
    DynamicDiva Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried the Green Smoothie Cleanse? It's very good and you don't even taste the spinach---I promise.

You can put water or 100% Juice into a blender with fresh or frozen fuits, spinach, yogurt and banana---add ice as needed. I will post one of the recipes that I've used before. And just do it to taste.

It was shared with me by one of my pals.
  • DeafDiva42
    Options
    O.K thanks but how did it work?
  • DynamicDiva
    DynamicDiva Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried the Green Smoothie Cleanse? It's very good and you don't even taste the spinach---I promise.

You can put water or 100% Juice into a blender with fresh or frozen fuits, spinach, yogurt and banana---add ice as needed. I will post one of the recipes that I've used before. And just do it to taste.

It was shared with me by one of my pals.

Yoplait Light Yogurt - Light Fat Free - Blueberry, Strawberry or Peach Yogurt, 6 oz
    Great Value - 100 % Apple Juice No Sugar Added, 4 oz
    Great Value - Whole Strawberries (Frozen), 0.44 Cup (140g)
    Jamba Juice- - Mango-A-Go-Go - Mix Only, 1.4 oz
    Dole- packaged baby Spinach, 1 cup

It's like less than 200 calories and it's great. Here are a few more that I found. You can also switch the fruit for the taste that you like and you can buy a bag of mixed frozen fruit too. I hope that all of this helps.

I live on Smoothies now. You can use either grapes, pears or orange as my liquid, then I add 3 hand full of baby spinach or Chobani yogurt (either or but never both), followed by 2 to 3 cups of Dole Wildly Nutrition Mixed Fruits. You don't taste the spinach...ever. When it comes to smoothies, remember add something frozen and something liquid.

With this recipe you can make several different flavors just my switching the frozen fruits. Begin by: Use 1 cup (any) plain yogurt with any 2 cups of any frozen fruit. Add any sweetener of your choice to taste. Example: Plain yogurt with frozen strawberries or plain yogurt with frozen peaches…etc. I also use ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence but you can use vanilla extract...optional of course. Place all ingredients into the blending machine container in the order listed and secure lid. Turn machine on slow then quickly increase speed to high. Use tamper (stick which comes with your blending machine) to press ingredients into the blades. In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur…this is when you’ll end up with a smoothie by error. Serve immediately… and thank my later…lol. Preparation: 5 Minutes. Processing: 30-60 Seconds. Yield: 3 cups.

Green Smoothie Cleanse

You can do this cleanse for as long as you want 3 days, 7 days, or 30 days. All you do is combined green vegetables and fruit with about 8oz of water or 100% fruit juice to make them. Now the first few days you may be hungry. In addition to your smoothies, you can eat a piece of fruit (I did bananas) and you drink plenty of water or 100% juice (apple,etc.). THE KEY IS WHEN YOU FEEL HUNGRY YOU DRINK!

Typical Meal Plan for me:
    Green smoothie consists of: 2 to 3 cups of Spinach, 2 bananas, 1 apple or pear and water. This may vary for you. I used more fruits than green vegetables because I needed my drink to be sweet. The more fruit you add the sweeter it is. Other green vegetable substitutes are Kale, Red leaf lettuce, Collard greens, etc.. I mainly used spinach. I tried kale and didn’t like it.
    Below are a few links on some smoothie recipes. I will also send you this dinner soup I made in the blender.
    http://youtu.be/NC5xEJAHvzU
    http://youtu.be/8KCzQ2KaSyE

Recipes

Here are three of our favourite green smoothie recipes. Green smoothies are very easy to make. Even if your talents don’t normally extend to the kitchen, you’ll find it easy to impress yourself and friends with these delicious recipes. To read more green smoothie recipes join the challenge and a recipe will be sent to you along with inspiration and nutritional tips everyday. So get your blenders and tastebuds ready for some great green smoothie treats.

Banana for Beginners

The most simple recipe is made with banana and romaine (cos) lettuce. In fact many people love this smoothie so much that they drink it every day of the green smoothie challenge.

Bananas and romaine lettuce are packed with great nutritional properties. Bananas give an instant and substantial boost of energy. Many people suffering from depression feel much better after eating a banana. Bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier. Bananas are high in potassium and low in salt, a great combination to help to reduce the risk of high blood pressure, a fact supported by the US Food and Drug Administration.

The vitamin C and beta-carotene content of romain (cos) lettuce make it a heart-healthy green. Cholesterol becomes sticky when it oxidizes and forms plaque on the artery walls. Working together, Vitamin C and beta-carotene prevent cholesterol from oxidizing. In addition, the fiber in Romaine lettuce binds to bile salts in the colon and allows them to be eliminated. The body responds by making more bile. As bile is responsible for breaking down cholesterol the result is a reduction of cholesterol build up.
    1/2 Romaine (Cos) lettuce
    3 bananas
    2 cups water

Blend the bananas with water for 30 seconds. Add the Romaine lettuce and blend until smooth. You can add a few mint leaves for an unusual twist.

Berry Blast

In this recipe berries bring a sweet fragrance with a subtle tart overtone and make this low GI treat a real winner. Research is suggesting that raspberries have the potential to inhibit cancer cell proliferation and tumor formation. Raspberries contain ellagic acid, an antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals and prevents damage to cell membranes. Whilst fresh berries are best, freezing does not destroy their anti-oxidant activity and is sometimes more convenient. Berries are also heart-healthy foods. In a Finnish study, subjects who ate two serves of berries a day were found to have lower blood pressure and lower cholesterol.

Spinach has been found to have thirteen different flavonoid compounds with anti-cancer properties. Spinach has been shown to slow down the growth of cancer cells in the stomach and the prostrate and to be inversely related to the incidence of breast cancer. Spinach has also been shown to protect against osteoporosis, heart disease, colon cancer and arthritis.
    1 cup raspberries
    1 cup blueberries
    1 apple
    3 big handfuls of baby spinach
    2 cups of water

Blend together the apples, raspberries, blueberries and water for 30 seconds. Add the baby spinach and blend until smooth.

Warming Ginger

The combination of pineapple, mango and ginger in this smoothie gives it an Asian twist. If you are in a cold climate then don’t let this stop you from drinking green smoothies. Ginger is warming on a cold day and also helpful during colds and flus to help you sweat and promote detoxification. Ginger also eliminates intestinal gas, relaxes and soothes the intestinal tract and is anti-inflammatory. In herbal remedies, ginger is used to alleviate nausea, dizziness and vomiting. To benefit from ginger you only need to use a little, as the active substances in ginger are so concentrated.

Pineapple is an excellent source of manganese, which is an important mineral in energy production. Pineapple is often recommended to promote good digestion.
    ½ head romaine lettuce
    1 cup pineapple
    1 large mango
    1-inch fresh ginger

Blend the pineapple, mango, ginger and water for 30 seconds. Add the romaine lettuce and blend until smooth.
  • Just1Kiki
    Just1Kiki Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump! Need this!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    a fast would be a horrible idea.

eat properly. drop the carbs. drink tons of water.

you'll lose the water weight.