HELP!!

Options
I have twisted my knee - i already had problems with it - and now it hurts to bend it to a 45 - 90 degree angle and feels stiff and achy all the time. my question is this. what exercises other than crunches and sit ups can i do that wont put strain on my knee to let it heal.

thanks.

Replies

• vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'd stick to upper body hun x
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me so I didn't exercise for 3 weeks and I still lost weight. Just make sure you stick to your daily calories while your healing.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'd stick with upper body for the time being, although I'd be sure to do some gentle stretching and light walks.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Let your knee heal! You don't want to keep injuring it - that makes for unhappy knees over the long term.
  • Rzimmermano
    Options
    If you have a membership to a health club, I would suggest swimming. I broke my knee cap two years ago and took up swimming and have found that it gets your ripped! I think you might like it. It's a great overall body workout that is safe on your legs.
  • danmoffett
    Options
    I use a rebounder. Low impact, exercises the entire body.
    NASA and the USAF did a study and found rebounding is the best exercise devised by man.
    FUN too. Like jumping on the bed when you were a kid but without getting yelled at.
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Well, aside from seeing a doc and making sure you didn't tear something, I would recommend letting your body tell you when you're ready to put stress on it. I broke my tib last year and was in a wheel chair for five months -- totally non weight bearing. Got physical therapy and once I was able to bear weight on it, I started using the stationary bike at the gym. I found that it did not cause me any pain at all, in fact seemed to help keep stiffness at bay. Doctor first, then let your body tell you.

Best of luck.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can use a rebounder with a gammy knee....

Swimming will be ok, I suspect, and it gives a good burn. Probably the only way to know for sure if it hurts is to actually do it unfortunately. Don't push if it hurts.
  • jang711
    jang711 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Amen to let it heal. I'm dealing with an IT Band issue and need to take my own advice. Stick to upper body, test your knee after a week and see how it feels. As others have said let your body be your guide. Good Luck.:bigsmile: