wii games

Options
what are your favorite workout wii games? I have just dance and its a lot of fun but I'm not burning as many calories as I would like. I don't have much time to excercise on the nights that I work b/c my small children make it hard to get more then 30mins in.. I can't do the treadmill with them b/c they just try to climb on it.. so a wii game is great.. but I'd like to burn more then 150 cals if I could. the just dance is good cause the music keeps them entertained and they dance along with me... anyone know anything close to that where I could burn more calories... any suggestions would be great. my son doesnt nap so I cant work out durning naps lol..

thanks guys!!

Replies

• TarattThomas
    TarattThomas Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love the wii fit and my 2 & 3 year old boys love doing the moves beside me. I also just got the Black Eyed Peas Experience & LOVE it! My gosh, I dance my butt off, literally. It is alot harder than just dance though
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i just got the wii fit plus but i hurt my foot on it lol..
  • merrick7871
    Options
    I normally burn well over 150 calories with Just Dance, using HRM. We have the Wii fit that I love and use daily, but burn greater calories faster with Just Dance.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit Plus is fun... I don't know how many calories the Michael Jackson Experience burns but I always work up a sweat playing that game... I hear good things about the zumba games but I've never played them myself...
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    The Wii Zumba is pretty fun - not as good at burning calories as the DVD tho... anyone with an HRM can confirm the difference in the burn? Would be very interesting to know...
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    Zumba on the wii is good and i presume Zumba plus is even better!

I've just brought My Fitness Coach on the wii but haven't tried that yet
  • rissameade
    Options
    I have the wii fit plus--it is alot of fun and you can burn a good amount of calories depending on what "activity" you choose. some of the games are easy enough that my 4 year old plays along with me :)
  • findinglessjess
    Options
    The Wii Zumba is pretty fun - not as good at burning calories as the DVD tho... anyone with an HRM can confirm the difference in the burn? Would be very interesting to know...

I have Zumba 2 for the Wii...I wear a heart rate monitor when I do it and burn upwards of 1200 calories in an hour.....
  • browneyedkasey
    browneyedkasey Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use The Biggest Loser for my Wii. It actually sets you up on a program of diet and exercise and tracks you. You can choose bob or Jillian as your trainer! It's really awesome!
  • webpink
    Options
    Wii fit is the way to go, for sure!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I did the zumba but was disappointed with the amount of calories I was burning compared to how much effort I seemed to be making. I like the boxing with the Golds Gym or Fitness Coach. That makes you work up a sweat and its great if you need to take out any frustrations, lol!! :laugh:
  • mumof2irl
    Options
    Would the Zumba 2 for the Wii or the DVD be better?
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Hoola Hoop (I think its on wii fit plus) It is a great workout, I workup a sweat doing that one!!
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba for Wii but can't get the steps down..........(dummy i guess....lol) and a friend of mine says she just bought the Michael Jackson one for Wii and it is hard and she sweats her booty off..........that might be one for me to try.....
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit Plus and love it. Unfortunately, I hurt my toe and ankle (not on the Wii) and have yet to get back to it. Sure miss the Wii, though, as it is lots of fun and a great way to get moving and motivated!
  • rebeccaME207
    rebeccaME207 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Great topic! I was wondering myself! I do know Game stop and Amazon usually have them on the cheep.

I only have the active 2 with a arm and leg monitor... but, not really a fan, cause ,I cant just do 30min of cardio it has me do like 8 squats then 8 arm band exercises then a short walk... I dont seem to really get my cardio on like I would like! Only bout 80cals per 25min! So I'd skip that!

Im getting Zumba and will make an *kitten* out of myself in private and hopefully get a good burn!
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Hoola Hoop (I think its on wii fit plus) It is a great workout, I workup a sweat doing that one!!

Yes, I love that one also...........I like my Wii Fit Board
  • tallteacher
    tallteacher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this website - it is constantly being updated. http://www.nutwiisystem.com/best-wii-exercise-games.html
    They rate the games based on fun and workout intensity.

PS - I got my son the Active Life Explorer (with mat) for his birthday at Thanksgiving. I love playing it! Each game is only 1-2 minutes long, but you are running and jumping and stepping all over. I sweat like crazy playing it. It's been on the top 10 list (see link above) for over a year.
  • theresa1lea
    Options
    I love the wii fit....it's an excellent way to burn calories. But I also have a Jillian Michaels workout which is fantastic on the wii! You can purchase several wii exercise games at your local walmart. One of them even has a camera that you mount on your tv so you can watch yourself workout.
  • what are your favorite workout wii games? I have just dance and its a lot of fun but I'm not burning as many calories as I would like. I don't have much time to excercise on the nights that I work b/c my small children make it hard to get more then 30mins in.. I can't do the treadmill with them b/c they just try to climb on it.. so a wii game is great.. but I'd like to burn more then 150 cals if I could. the just dance is good cause the music keeps them entertained and they dance along with me... anyone know anything close to that where I could burn more calories... any suggestions would be great. my son doesnt nap so I cant work out durning naps lol..

thanks guys!!

I have all three Just Dances and if you do "just sweat" it plays the hardest songs and its constant dancing with only a few songs inbetween. I did it with my kids the other night and I burned 1144 calories in a couple hours of dancing. But I also do the dance moves 100% foot work and all. But you can get a great workout on just dance!