Pomegranates!!

Options
Though I have known about Pomegranates for years now, I have just started buying fresh ones. I cut it in half, and put half of the seeds into my greek yougert. Its really good, but I'm hoping you guys can give me some ideas as to what else I can put them into.

TIA!

Replies

• madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat them on their own- but a friend of mine clued me into a great way to get them out of the fruit- use a large bowl of water- put the pom into it while you are breaking it apart- the fruit will sink while the stuff holding it in will float- makes it so much easier to get to the fruit!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Adds a little sweetness and crunch to a salad.
  • spa9177
    spa9177 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have a stupid question. You can eat the seeds from a pomegranate?
  • tgaul
    tgaul Posts: 123
    Options
    Add them to guacamole it is awesome!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i use it in a salad, gives it a wonderful taste, its also great with onion and parsley for some reason. i usually make that then have it with fish or chicken.

deffo my fave fruit!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

That's the edible part.

To the OP -- my daughter just snacks on them plain. I like them, but I can only tolerate a few at a time because they're so tart!
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yes. You eat the seeds:)
  • sbapt27
    Options
    I LOVE pomegranates!!!! From late September until about February I have one as my after dinner snack almost every night. They are a bit of a pain but totally worth it. I get a large bowl of water, quarter the pomegranate, I just score the skin and pull apart, if you cut through it you'll get the juice all over your hands, and it stains. The seeds sink to the bottom of the bowl. Then I drain the water out and eat all the seeds like popcorn. Only problem is, they are about 230 calories each.
  • SnowWhite824
    Options

That's the edible part.

To the OP -- my daughter just snacks on them plain. I like them, but I can only tolerate a few at a time because they're so tart!

I don't know... these do have a tart flavor, but they also have a very nice sweet flavor too. But then again, I guess anything has a sweet flavor when its mixed into plain greek yougert! lol
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

That's the edible part.

I don't know... these do have a tart flavor, but they also have a very nice sweet flavor too. But then again, I guess anything has a sweet flavor when its mixed into plain greek yougert! lol
    They're definitely sweet, too. But if you eat enough of them plain, you'll see what I mean. :-) They're probably much more tolerable mixed into things.

They also make a nice martini ...
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I eat them plain too, but only about 1/4 cup of the seeds at a time.