I'm a Dipper...

Options
So, my boyfriend and I are dippers...

No matter what we eat, we have to dip it in something! Ranch dressing seems to taste the best on everything but we desperately need to steer away from ranch dressing!

Are there any other dippers out there, and what do you substitute?

Replies

• naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    HUMMUS!!!!
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    I think it depends on what you're dipping, lol! I like Balsamic Vin. for my veggies; for sweets, I like having FF, SF pudding or redi-whip, or applesauce. I like to dip, too.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    salsa is awesome because its super low in calories and had less additives. plus you eat spicey food more slowly! mixing salsa and light or calorie free ranch is great too!
  • lalaaston
    lalaaston Posts: 5
    Options
    No worries at all. I dip as well.

You can try:
    Balsamic dressing from trader joes
    Laughing cow lite cheese
    tomato and basil hummus from trader joes
    Salsa

I hope this helps:wink:
  • fnstqlty
    fnstqlty Posts: 11
    Options
    Oh, I am loving the balsamic vin. idea! Definitely my taste!

All wonderful ideas.

Nice to see there are other dippers out there as well. :smile:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I love Newman's Own Lighten Up! dressings especially the honey mustard plus Newman's Own is a non-profit.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I like Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing ...

Light 80 cal per 2TBLS...
    Fat Free 35 cal per 2TBLS....
    not bad, but not exactly the same taste. give them a try.
    .:smile:
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    i've heard of a cottage cheese ranch dip while reading on this site. i believe you put fat free cottage cheese (woo protein) in the blender, then add seasoning (take the easy way out and buy a semi-healthy ranch dressing mix packet at the grocery store?) and if you want to thin it out for salad dressing add fat free buttermilk to thin the consistency.
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    I too am a super duper dipper! I love it, I switched to low fat ranch for my (gasp) pizza. And fat free honey mustard most of my other dipping adventures. Salsa is another good one that is low cal for a lot of yum. :bigsmile:
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    i've heard of a cottage cheese ranch dip while reading on this site. i believe you put fat free cottage cheese (woo protein) in the blender, then add seasoning (take the easy way out and buy a semi-healthy ranch dressing mix packet at the grocery store?) and if you want to thin it out for salad dressing add fat free buttermilk to thin the consistency.

Ooohhh, I'll have to try this!!
  • lisapisa81
    lisapisa81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

Ooohhh, I'll have to try this!!

i have done something like this in the past...i didn't blend it, but i just mixed a little bit of full fat ranch into a container of cottage cheese, and used that as dressing for my salad. it takes surprisingly little ranch to flavor the cottage cheese. i've also done the same thing with other dressings. this way you still get the full flavor (fat free ranch tastes so different it is not even worth it, in my opinion), plus the added protein as stated above!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I like to dip apples, pears, and strawberries in Yoplait Light n Fit Vanilla yogurt. only about 15 cals per tablespoon (roughly)

Hummus and Laughing Cow are good for veggies and crackers (yes, I dip crackers)

Hot sauce and BBQ are my favorite for pizza.

mmmm, dipping.....:laugh:
  • Smiley1010
    Smiley1010 Posts: 82
    Options
    I like to dip apples, pears, and strawberries in Yoplait Light n Fit Vanilla yogurt. only about 15 cals per tablespoon (roughly)

Hummus and Laughing Cow are good for veggies and crackers (yes, I dip crackers)

Hot sauce and BBQ are my favorite for pizza.

mmmm, dipping.....:laugh:

omg hot sauce on cheese pizza... I've almost forgotten how much I love that!! mmmm...
    ok, sorry, get back to the helpful ideas! :laugh: