Simalar Goal Friends Needed

Options
HAPPY NEW YOU!
I'm Brooke, soon to be 35yrs old. I started MFP last year, and lost 21lbs....however with the holidays, I also lost focus and gained a few lbs back. I'm looking to lose a total of 65lbs...and looking for individuals with similar goals in to join the journey with. Step right up...dont be shy....WE GOT THIS!

Replies

• JoMcDonald
    Options
    Hi! I have similar goals as you - I still have a ways to go before I reach my goal weight - maybe we could help each other out. Sending you an invite :)
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    YAY! Thank you! I have lost/gained/lost/GAINED for a LONG time now.....for SOME reason I get SOOO close to my goal (within 5lbs) then I just balloon back up again. So irritating! But, I'm past that...I'm done. This weight WILL come off!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 34 also. I'm about 40 pounds into my goal of losing around 55lbs. I've tried to lose weight in the past too but this time I feel differently about it and I'm not stopping until I reach my goal.
  • kkenny0146
    kkenny0146 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I seem to lose and gain the same weight over and over. Feel free to add me so we can support and encourage each other.
  • Collins35
    Options
    I am 5'3" and about 210lbs. I have struggled with weight all my life. I lose a little then gain a lot. I'm finally ready to really lose weight. I have tried Diet Centers, Weight Watchers, Slim Fast, Daniel Fast, Fad Diets of all sorts, the thing is none of it can work for you unless you are really ready to do it right, I guess I wasn't or I would have lost the weight. My husband and I are both wanting to lose around 80 pounds. I know it is going to be a long road. Wish you all the best of luck on your weght lose journey! So glad I found this site
  • Amanda_Please88
    Amanda_Please88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey Brooke, I'm Amanda, and I am 23. I too have lost some weight in the past, and am currently trying to lose about 40 to 50 lbs more. I too know how it feels to have lost weight and have the holidays sneak back in some lbs. Feel free to add me. =)
  • WRXymama
    Options
    YAY! We can do this. My husband has decided to lose weight as well, however his way and my way are COMPLETELY different (one meal a day vs healthy). It seems to just MELT off of him vs me...it takes what seems like FOREVER. This site is SO helpful and LOVE the motivation that we offer each other.
  • SassyMom23
    SassyMom23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Looks like we have about the same goals!!! My weight has been bouncing since I had my first son 8 years ago and just had my third child not too long ago. I've sent a request. :smile:
  • WRXymama
    Options
    Hooray! Thank you! I have a soon to be 8yr old as well!
  • sschwarzer
    Options
    Hi there! I also have similiar goals and looking to add friends for motiviation and support. I am a mom of two beautiful children and I am ready to get back in shape!! I have about 90 lbs to lose to reach my goal and a 20 year reunion coming up that I want to look my best!!.
  • carrie1013
    Options
    Hi! I'm also 35, have lost 40 lbs, still need to lose about 40. I have, over the Holidays, gained about 3.5 lbs back :(. So, I'm on day 4 of trying again.
  • deannarey13
    Options
    I love to meet new friends here! I have sent requests to a few of you with similar goals! :)
  • JoMcDonald
    Options
    Hope it's ok that I sent a few requests out... feel free to add me, I have the same similarities as most of you when it comes to dropping this weight!

Looking forward to meeting all of you!
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Brooke!

I just turned 35 yesterday and am also at MFP to lose some regained weight - 20 pounds to be exact. Just checked out your profile - and it seems we have another thing in common - a love of crocheting! Please feel free to add me as a friend. Everyone else can also add me - the more the merrier! Love the MFP support!!!

-Lorelei in CT
  • Collins35
    Options
    I have a long road ahead of me, but every pound will feel like an accomplishment and I'm pround to say I've lost my first pound! I'm really new at this and not sure how to put the ticker to show weight lose. I'm going to give it a try if its not on here could someone please let me know the steps to get it on. Thanks

13738652.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • txnena
    txnena Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi! I joined MFP last year, but did really nothing with it :( But I am back and more determined than ever! I'm from Texas, have a 3 year old, and about 40 lbs to lose. Would love to have friends and motivation. Feel free to add me.
  • txnena
    txnena Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi! I joined MFP last year, but did really nothing with it :( But I am back and more determined than ever! I'm from Texas, have a 3 year old, and about 40 lbs to lose. Would love to have friends and motivation. Feel free to add me.
  • scrappermom2
    scrappermom2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I have similar goals to all of you. I would like to lose about 72 pounds this year to get down to my goal weight. I really can't keep calling this baby weight since my "baby" is almost 9...:)

Tara
  • Traci222
    Options
    Hi! My name is Traci, and my goal is to lose 65 pounds as well. I just bought a treadmill and have vowed to get on that thing once a day, for a minimum of 30 minutes up to 60 minutes. I know that better food habits, and mine aren't entirely too horrible right now, will follow now with regular exercise. I am a pop addict, and I 'm trying to get away from that really, really bad habit. All that sugar...all those empty calories are so bad for me, yet that will be harder for me to give up than getting on my treadmill every day!

What are you and everyone else doing to get yourself going? Once I see results I will have more motivation to keep going.

Traci
  • GreenwayL
    Options
    I'm soon to be 34 (next month) and looking to lose 35 lbs!