Do you reset your goals at the beginning of a year?

Options
I started on my "weight loss" efforts in full force January 2011. I was able to lose 40 lbs (although I gained 10 back in December alone, those darn cookies!) So I was net -30 (or thereabouts) on 1/1/2012. I am back on it, already lost 4 lbs (water) this week... BUT, do I reset my goals or leave them? I want to lose about 30 more lbs, so do I leave my charts/etc. alone? Thoughts?

Replies

• Lazlocats
    Lazlocats Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Reset if you have changed anything. You can change small things or do the whole thing. I did mine since I too ate to much ice cream for the holidays....But it's really up to you.
  • RedRage00
    RedRage00 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The holidays really set me back a few pounds. Time to hit it hard!
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    hi, i as well started in January of 2011. it was a good year for me, i lost 55 lbs. so when January started I wanted to start fresh even my starting weight, because its a new year and and its a new me. so I redid my calories, and set my starting weight to my new weight. so im starting fresh at 0. I'm in this to make 2012 even better than 2011. Feel free to add me for support!
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've been here since September 2011 and making good progres towards my goal weight. At that point, I'll probably reset to monitor my maintenance plan.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I'm not re-setting anything. This is a lifetime journey for me and I'm not starting over every January. part of my journey includes some indulging the final week or so of the year (as I detailed in a recent blog). No worries. That's just part of my journey and I'm back to being fierce this week.
  • gpacheco0768
    gpacheco0768 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think I agree, it's not a once a year thing, or it shouldn't be, it's for a lifetime, so even though I had a "break" I'm not at my goal yet, that I originally set, so I'm leaving it all alone... If it takes me two years to hit my goal, so be it! Once I get there, I can reset for maintenance, or not... I'll decide then. Thanks everyone!