Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Question.

Options
For those of you who have completed it, how much weight did you lose in the 30 days?

Replies

• darkenedfalling
    darkenedfalling Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hey, sorry to sound dumb but what actually is this? is it a diet plan or exercise or both orrr?
  • 175to125
    Options
    hey, sorry to sound dumb but what actually is this? is it a diet plan or exercise or both orrr?

It's an exercise program. It lasts for 30 days and there are 3 levels. It's pretty cool. You should check it out.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have completed it, how much weight did you lose in the 30 days?

I don't know if I really lost much weight doing it (I lost 140+ lbs before I even started the program) so there really wasn't much for me to lose but I really felt a good burn from it and I felt my abs really get strong and it sure blasted some inches off my body. I felt my arms get stronger and my legs and overall it was a great workout!
  • lozfisher
    Options
    I did not knwo what this was and saw loads of 'chat' about it so searched on google - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jillian-Michaels-Day-Shred-DVD/dp/B002RNOS2Y - I have never seen such a good review for an exercise DVD. I am pretty fit (ran a marathon in October 2011) so have always thought DVD's to not be hard enough work but I am tempted by this one!!!!
  • Samandrathall
    Options
    What are some suggestions to those of us trying to lose a greater amount of weight? Congrats btw!
  • barbvf
    barbvf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just did the shred, no diet and lost 7 inches all over, but no pounds.
  • Samandrathall
    Options

I don't know if I really lost much weight doing it (I lost 140+ lbs before I even started the program) so there really wasn't much for me to lose but I really felt a good burn from it and I felt my abs really get strong and it sure blasted some inches off my body. I felt my arms get stronger and my legs and overall it was a great workout!

What are some pointers you can give to some of us we are trying to lose a greater amount of weight? Congrats btw!!! :)
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    The 30 DS has the best reviews. I have the DVD, and started doing it before the holidays.. I plan on getting into it again. It's well worth the purchase. Good Luck~
  • josey05
    josey05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started this program and am loving it so far. I'm wondering, for anyone who completed it, how long did it take you to progress from one level to the next? And also, did you only do these workouts each day (every day with no breaks), or did you add anything additional? Thanks for any responses!
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds. I did it every day. I spent 9 days on level 1, 10 days on level 2, and 11 days on level 3. I started out with 3-lb weights but quickly began using 5- and 8-lb weights wherever I could. By the end of it I was using 8-lb weights on level 3 consistently. I also walked about 40 minutes every day immediately after each workout, and I stuck to my calorie limit (for the most part) provided by MFP. By month's end, I dropped just over 10 pounds and felt MUCH stronger! My girlfriend was the one who introduced it to me; she lost about 15 pounds when she did it (she didn't do the walking, just the exercising and proper diet).

My advice is: STICK TO IT! Give it all you got, every minute! Jillian's right: when you get to days five, six, and seven on any of the levels, you'll start to feel a tremendous difference in your body's ability.

I did 30-Day Shred in Nov; skipped December because of a cross-country move and the holidays (not great excuses to miss workouts, but at least I maintained my diet!); and now for January I'm moving on to the Ripped in 30 DVD. I'm 3 days in now and already feeling stronger! I've dropped 1.5 pounds in the last four days. Good luck to you! DON'T give it up!
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    @josey05: See my original post above for answers! ;)
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I just started this program and am loving it so far. I'm wondering, for anyone who completed it, how long did it take you to progress from one level to the next? And also, did you only do these workouts each day (every day with no breaks), or did you add anything additional? Thanks for any responses!

I do not do it every day (I'm on my second round), I do it 4 days a week, run 3 days and rest 1 day. The first time I did Level 1 until I felt like it was getting easy and then switched to Level 2 (which never got easy...lol) for a while and then Level 3.
    This time around I'm switching it up every couple days. I get bored doing the same thing all the time.

Personally, I don't think there is any right or wrong way to do it, the key is to do it!
    Good luck!
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i did it 30 days straight (each level 10 days) now i do it 3 days a week (each level one day) and run 3 days and one rest day... i didn't lose pounds doing it, but i'm much stronger from it and definitely can see a difference... it's a GREAT workout, i'm thinking i'm going to do her ripped in 30 next