How quickly are you losing your holiday weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• coachkathrynw
    coachkathrynw Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I only gained 2.5 pounds. Got rid of one already doing a 1 day Shakeology cleanse and brining it on with my new P90X2 workout program! Feels great to get back to healthy eating and hard workouts.
  • Booboo78
    Booboo78 Posts: 169
    Options
    Gained 5lbs, but thankfully lost 2lbs this week - back on the Zumba and Bikram Yoga this week
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain any holiday weight to begin with.
    Mate at work tried to work out how many calories I'd have to eat to put on 14lb in 2 weeks I'm sure he said it would be 20000 calories a day!
    To gain a pound per day you'd need to eat 3500 plus your maintenance. So well over 5000 (provided you didn't do any exercise) every single day.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.2 lbs over the holiday weekend, so no problems here. ;-)
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Nov. 19 206

Dec. 19 202

Dec. 30 205

Jan 4 204

I feel bad about the weight gain, but I'm sure it's nothing a couple of weeks of exercise and not overeating won't fix.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    As I posted earlier in the thread it's all pretty much water!

I was 12 stone 7 when I weighed on Monday and Tuesday. Weighed this morning and I wad 12 stone. Don't think I've lost 7 pounds in 2 days somehow considering I've eaten around 2000 calories a day! :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    As I posted earlier in the thread it's all pretty much water!

I was 12 stone 7 when I weighed on Monday and Tuesday. Weighed this morning and I wad 12 stone. Don't think I've lost 7 pounds in 2 days somehow considering I've eaten around 2000 calories a day! :)
    I am sure that much of it IS water, but you can't blanket statement that ALL of it is. If someone ate 3500 calories over during a week, they gained a pound of fat. They may also have gained an extra pound or two of water, but that pound of fat isn't going to go away without work.
  • 280to140
    Options
    I gained two pounds in the Christmas/New Year period, but I've now lost that weight, it would've been a lot more if I hadn't eaten healthy for a lot of the time, I only overindulged on Christmas Eve-Boxing Day and New Year's Eve, although I think I drank my own weight in wine haha
  • ladylemoncurd
    Options
    I've just come back today from 3 weeks in Spain and have put on 9lbs. I didn't even go that mad so am quite qutted. But never mind, back to it tomorrow. Will weigh again in the morning and start to repair the damage.