Light recipes that work for a family

Options
Mommy2boys1girl
Mommy2boys1girl Posts: 33 Member
So my husband and I are using MFP to lose weight. We each have a long way to go and I am looking for a variety of dinners. One kicker is that we have 3 kids, the two old enough to eat are 2 and 4. I prefer we eat the same things most days, but am open to feeding the boys kid foods on nights when the eats aren't kid friendly. Please send me your yummy ideas! :happy:

Replies

• Krissy801
    Options
    I have the same problem. I just started on Monday, and my kiddos are evil. When it comes to eating heathly... I have taught them some very bad habits... But I made tack salad and 2 out of 3 ate with o problem. While my 4 year old boy shoved his in a napkin.. LOL SMH but my plan is to make them eat what i eat. They are little fatties too...

=D
  • amybalamy
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/almond_crusted_chicken_fingers.html

I made these last night they were really good and crispy
  • rundgrenfan
    Options
    My kids and husband are kind of picky, so I've continued cooking the same family meals for all of us. I just portion out my part, and try to add a soup or V8 juice if I think I'll be hungry.
  • xkimberlyannx
    Options
    What always works for me is stir frying chicken or beef and adding vegetables like broccoli,zuccini,cabbage or whatever your family will eat and giving myself most of the vegetables and make some rice for them.
    For breakfast I make myself egg whites first and use the yolks for scrambled eggs for the kids.
    a fun lunch I like to do is flat outs (low calorie wraps) with a little pizza sauce,low cal toppings,low fat cheese and bake at 400 till crispy and its pizza we can all eat.
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Last night I cooked pasta, steamed broccoli, and browned chicken sausage. We each made up our own bowl and added light alfredo sauce to it. I added a tablespoon of parmesan cheese to mine too. It was filling and yummy. My picky son asked when we are having it again.

I can't wait to see what others post. I need ideas too.

Karen