This time I will be successful

Options
For the last few years, I have tried and tried the "healthy lifestyle" change. For the last few years I failed and failed some more. I was only gaining weight at a rate of 1/2 lb a month so it wasn't all that noticeable.
I really enjoyed drinking(alcohol), and eating whatever I wanted. I continually kept telling myself that I didn't care about my weight and I wasn't that big. I continued failing the lifestyle change because I hated eating healthy all the time and my self talk was not good for me.
So, over Christmas my mother and I went to stock up on alcohol. The liquor store where I go gives you a point for every $20 you spend and between my mother and I we had 47 points. I looked at my mother and just about broke into tears when I realized that amounted to $940 worth of alcohol in 6 months(not to mention the pop consumption along with it). I first needed to make sure that I was not an alcoholic so I decided on Boxing Day to quit drinking. The next day I decided that this would be a perfect time to start my "healthy lifestyle" change again.
So, on the treadmill I went, threw out all the unhealthy snacks and food, went on a grocery shopping venture.
I can now say, almost three months later that this time it will stick. Even if I wanted to eat unhealthy, my body will not allow myself to. I tried to eat nachos last week when I was out of town and I can't even begin to tell you the obscene noises my body made and the length of time I spent in the bathroom. I can't stand to miss workouts, I can't drink pop anymore, and my self talk has improved 100%.
I'm down 15 lbs from when I started, have had to put three new notches in my belt and my clothes are so loose on me now. And....the people at the gym know me by name now, lol
I do have my days where I get discouraged but that is when I reach inside and tell myself all the things I want out of this. I know how I feel now and I know how much better I will feel when I reach my goals and get to do alot of the sporty things I have put off doing because I told myself I couldn't.
So, for those of you discouraged, missing your french fries or potato chips or ice cream sundae, keep your chin up. One day you won't feel guilty about having that treat(in moderation of course) and who cares what the scales tell you, what does your heart tell you...
Good luck to All...We can do it!!!

Replies

• spunkone
    spunkone Posts: 13
    Options
    For the last few years, I have tried and tried the "healthy lifestyle" change. For the last few years I failed and failed some more. I was only gaining weight at a rate of 1/2 lb a month so it wasn't all that noticeable.
    I really enjoyed drinking(alcohol), and eating whatever I wanted. I continually kept telling myself that I didn't care about my weight and I wasn't that big. I continued failing the lifestyle change because I hated eating healthy all the time and my self talk was not good for me.
    So, over Christmas my mother and I went to stock up on alcohol. The liquor store where I go gives you a point for every $20 you spend and between my mother and I we had 47 points. I looked at my mother and just about broke into tears when I realized that amounted to $940 worth of alcohol in 6 months(not to mention the pop consumption along with it). I first needed to make sure that I was not an alcoholic so I decided on Boxing Day to quit drinking. The next day I decided that this would be a perfect time to start my "healthy lifestyle" change again.
    So, on the treadmill I went, threw out all the unhealthy snacks and food, went on a grocery shopping venture.
    I can now say, almost three months later that this time it will stick. Even if I wanted to eat unhealthy, my body will not allow myself to. I tried to eat nachos last week when I was out of town and I can't even begin to tell you the obscene noises my body made and the length of time I spent in the bathroom. I can't stand to miss workouts, I can't drink pop anymore, and my self talk has improved 100%.
    I'm down 15 lbs from when I started, have had to put three new notches in my belt and my clothes are so loose on me now. And....the people at the gym know me by name now, lol
    I do have my days where I get discouraged but that is when I reach inside and tell myself all the things I want out of this. I know how I feel now and I know how much better I will feel when I reach my goals and get to do alot of the sporty things I have put off doing because I told myself I couldn't.
    So, for those of you discouraged, missing your french fries or potato chips or ice cream sundae, keep your chin up. One day you won't feel guilty about having that treat(in moderation of course) and who cares what the scales tell you, what does your heart tell you...
    Good luck to All...We can do it!!!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    What an amazing life change you have accomplished:heart: Very inspirational, thank You:flowerforyou:
  • SoulfulLori
    Options
    Wow...that is beautiful and so are you! Wow...you wrote that so well...so much so I feel it all over!

Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration. It helps so much!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I second that!! Awesome job:flowerforyou: