hi everyone

JuliaSmith
JuliaSmith Posts: 1
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
hi everyone im a 1st time user i want 2 lose a couple pds i just like it if i have a lil support from you guys to make me lose 48 pds by june 22

Replies

• Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    If I could help anybody lose 48 pounds in one month, I'd be a billionaire. HOWEVER, you can have my support anyways (even if I only know about losing 1-2 pounds a week.) Good luck
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    lol hermit you're funny...billionaire would be fab....but julia, i do agree with hermit. I'm almost positive you won't be able to lose 48 lbs by june...at least not in a healthy way...you're going to need time to lose that much weight. Try making small goals (like 5 lbs by this date and 10 lbs by that date, etc etc) sometimes that helps. But please please be healthy, eat healthy, count your cals and exercise a decent amount :smile: If you do that I'm sure you'll be just fine! Good luck with everything! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • FalconSays
    FalconSays Posts: 62
    Hopefully you meant by June 2010! :-) ♥

If you are seriously going to go for that rapid weight loss (48lbs/1mo) - you are GUARANTEEING yourself failure. Sorry to be so blunt, but you will be your own worst enemy, putting your body into starvation mode.
    You will actually slow-down your metabolism and your body will hang-on-for-dear-life to every
    blasted calorie and fat morsel you consume because it will be in feast or famine mode.

Then when you reach your goal and even attempt to eat more proper portions, you will balloon up.
    I hope your post was a typo.

~Karen
  • Balentine
    Balentine Posts: 6
    I am new to this site and was asked by my dr. to record what I eat. So far i really like the site, and am amazed at how many calories are counted at some of the items I eat on a regular basis. Anyway, anyone have any good ideas on how to get rid of the chocolate/sweet cravings right before mother nature calls? That is my biggest down fall!

I also work behind a desk 40+ hours a week, but I work out 6+ days a week. Just need help with the chocolate/sweet carvings. Hope/need to loose 20 lbs. in the next 3-6 months. Thank you in advance for the advice.
  • FalconSays
    FalconSays Posts: 62
    Hi Balentine,

You crave chocolate right before you need to sit on the thrown? JK, you must mean your monthly.
    I crave chocolate too, big time. I only buy organic dark chocolate and just have a pinch, just enough
    to allow myself to savor it. Or I sometimes buy something Snackwellsie chocolatey and again, have
    only 1 or 2 cookies!

What motivates me is the results! If I keep up my daily exercises and walk/run at least every-other day,
    I see and feel results and that is great motivation! I want more munchies, maaaan I want chocolate 24/7, but I just know I can't! I HATE the rebound and fatty roller-coaster so much, that I know I'll regret it.

Just don't deny yourself the mini-pinch indulgences a couple times a week and when you feel the urge
    to munch more, grab a handful of the gut and remind yourself that's what you are working toward, to shed the pounds. (I have a handful, don't know about you honeybunz)

♥Karen
This discussion has been closed.