Monthly weigh ins?

Options
hey everyone! So I have a tendency of becoming scale obsessed when I go on a diet. I find it to hurt my progress and at times have made me quit. I was thinking this time to only weigh in once a month. Is this a good idea or could int hurt my progress not knowing what I weigh?

Replies

• aussie_nic_getting_fit
    Options
    great idea..

Removed any scales you have from your home. Weigh in at the gym, or at family or friends house on the monthly basis.
  • SallyClare
    SallyClare Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm aimimg to weigh in monthly for the same reasons, plus the fact that I'm currently too big for my home scales.

For me it will be every 4 weeks on a Friday :)
  • BuffLoveWinning
    BuffLoveWinning Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think getting an idea about how much you lose is good. Because it is beneficial when you do see it go down! But I think you need to keep in mind that were women and we retain water like crazy. You should also get an app for your monthly visit from flo. You should recognize a similarity after a few months., were all different some people gain before, on or after their visit, this will give you an idea of what normal fluctuations will be and not to blame your self. Also if the first months are hard to understand the daily weigh in use a tape measure. Because muscle weighs more then fat. The scle will go up at first but your body should tighten up. So maybe just avoid it the first month but I dint think you should avoid it the whole process of reconnecting with your body.
  • cathynlopez
    Options
    Great idea! The only time I've ever been able to successfully diet over two weeks was when I nixed the weekly weigh ins-I actually only weighed myself every month and a half and ended up successfully losing 55 lbs.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm currently home on break but the scale I have at school needs a new battery so I won't be able to weigh myself even if I wanted too lol. I'm gonna wait to buy the battery now until next month.