TIRED! HELP!

Options
I am so tired lately. Do you all think maybe I need to be taking a vitamin or maybe protein shakes or something. would that help with my energy? I really feel drained most of the time and I feel like I should have more energy than I do.....................

Replies

• runfoodierun
    runfoodierun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    have you changed your caffeine intake? that has done it to me...
  • Lesley2800
    Options
    I was the same way...majorly tired. I could come home from work at 6pm and literally fall asleep sitting up on the couch. I went to my doctor and I have a Vitamin D deficiency. I take one Vitamin D-3 a day and I am 100% better!! I can tell if I miss any. A lot of people have it since we wear sunscreen and have rough winters in a lot of places. You might want to get your level checked.
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    No I haven't dropped caffeine. Haven't drank much but water the last 2 years. Everyone who exercises and is losing weight keeps saying how great they feel and I just am not feeling it. Guess I should go to the Dr and get all my levels of everything checked out.
  • sholtz79
    sholtz79 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started taking One A Day Women's Active Metabolism vitamin and it's worked wonders on my energy level! I didn't even feel tired and laze on days 1 and 2 of my period this month which was amazing. It's a cheap try... especially if you aren't currently taking a multivitamin.
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    Vitamins would help, especially B ones. Water is really important, if you're dehydrated, you'll feel sluggish.
  • ltaylor9597
    Options
    Yep, I think you should go in and have your levels of everything checked. I have been anemic for years and take a multi vitamin and an iron supplement and it is a huge difference from when I wasn't. I also take vitamin D especially during the fall and winter. Between those and making sure I get 7-8 hours of sleep every single night helps. I had to play around with my sleep hours before I figured out I am at my best at 8 hours. Now I make sure I am in bed between 9 and 10pm in order to make my 5am wake up call.
  • CarryBeth
    CarryBeth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. Obvious question here, but, how are you sleeping? If it's only a recent problem, have you been burning the candle at both ends (it was x-mas and new year after all)? Are you exercising enough / too much? When do you feel the most tired? Is it just in the evening after work etc, or is this tiredness hanging around All Day?

I think you should give yourself a weekend off and see how you feel. If it persists, see a doctor.

Feel better, hunny! :wink:
  • elmsallmissile
    Options
    If your diary is accurate it's simple, you are not eating enough!
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I would agree that I may not be eating enough.............but Im not sure how to eat more since when i do I gain..................I am going to try a multivitamin and see if that helps.............also going to try working out in the early am and see if that helps. Thanks for the feedback! :)