Want to show the dogs

Options
Shalva
Shalva Posts: 55 Member
without looking like a fat person running around the ring. I think that is my goal... I want to be able to run them around the ring without getting winded and sweaty... I also have a closet full of clothes that are just slightly snug right now and if I don't lost about ten pounds in the next couple weeks I am going to have to go and buy pants to show my dogs in and I don't want to buy a size larger when I know that five pounds will make a huge difference in how things fit.

I already had lost 70 lbs on Weight Watchers before they changed the program and was doing really well but the new program honestly just doens't work for me. I am a vegetarian and nut allergic and the program is very much based on meat and proteins and I was pretty discouraged when they changed it. How I eat just didn't mesh and I found that the things that I ate even though they weren't high in calories were very high in points. I gained maybe 20 back since the change and was pretty discouraged.

I have heard good things about this program and I think just plain old counting calories and exercising will work best for me. I have gone back to the gym and can focus on eating more healthfully.

So glad to be here.... I guess right now I want to lose ten pounds... then ten more .... then ten more... but thinking about it in ten pound increments I think is easier to manage.

so thats my scoop
Shalva

Replies

• kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the Weight Watchers change thing. I was not impressed with the new program either and gained back all of the 50 lbs I lost and then some.

I do think protien is important though, it promotes healthy weight loss and helps you retain your lean muscle mass. There are ways to get it into your diet without eating meat. =)
  • Shalva
    Shalva Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh i know about the protein and I do eat protein but I found the changes in the WW did not account for beans and other legumes and those are a large source of protein for me....but those are the places where the calorie content wasn't high but the points value were very high, it made no sense... and the fruit thing just didn't work for me... I eat alot of fruit anyway and need to be able to count that... I think that the plan changing just threw me for a loop and I wasnt able to wrap my head around the change and make it work and its clearly not working well for many others either as they changed the whole plan again after just one year... I will be interested in seeing what happens in a few years.... it seems like they have gone the south beach route actually.

As for protein I do eat eggs, and legumes, but nuts and meat are not in the cards for me so its a bit of a challenge but not undoable...

we shall see just getting back to the gym will make a huge difference I am sure
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    without looking like a fat person running around the ring. I think that is my goal... I want to be able to run them around the ring without getting winded and sweaty... I also have a closet full of clothes that are just slightly snug right now and if I don't lost about ten pounds in the next couple weeks I am going to have to go and buy pants to show my dogs in and I don't want to buy a size larger when I know that five pounds will make a huge difference in how things fit.

I already had lost 70 lbs on Weight Watchers before they changed the program and was doing really well but the new program honestly just doens't work for me. I am a vegetarian and nut allergic and the program is very much based on meat and proteins and I was pretty discouraged when they changed it. How I eat just didn't mesh and I found that the things that I ate even though they weren't high in calories were very high in points. I gained maybe 20 back since the change and was pretty discouraged.

I have heard good things about this program and I think just plain old counting calories and exercising will work best for me. I have gone back to the gym and can focus on eating more healthfully.

So glad to be here.... I guess right now I want to lose ten pounds... then ten more .... then ten more... but thinking about it in ten pound increments I think is easier to manage.

so thats my scoop
    Shalva

I used to show dogs too (English Pointers - My females father actually won Westminister!!) - From years of hanging around the rings, I can guarentee you, you are NOT the only over weight person showing dogs!!! LOL
    Anyway, I never joined WW, but I did follow the plan about 3 years ago for about 2 years. I did their original plan, and it worked very well for me (lost about 125 lbs), however I can't understand how they can just up the caloric intake, and expect people who were on the original plan to keep losing. I guess its a way to get new members "Look, you can eat even more now!" but its a shame, because it really doesn't work now.
    So good luck - Sites like this, where you can track your food, and even pre-plan for the week if your organized enough are really helpful, and I think the key to weight loss sucess!