Stretch marks?

Options
Does anybody know of a lotion or cream that works best for stretch marks? Especially the white ones, not the purple ones.

Replies

• coliegirl531
    Options
    Does anybody know of a lotion or cream that works best for stretch marks? Especially the white ones, not the purple ones.
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    uhhhhh not that i know of, i have stretch marks from my knees to my eyeballs.... and i have never found anything that has wroked.
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    I don't know of anything that will completely get rid of them, but I've heard Cocoa Butter lotion can reduce the appearance. You can get a huge bottle of Cocoa Butter at Wal-Mart for like $1.88.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I don't know of anything that will completely get rid of them, but I've heard Cocoa Butter lotion can reduce the appearance. You can get a huge bottle of Cocoa Butter at Wal-Mart for like $1.88.
    I have heard the same thing about Cocoa Butter lotion. As a matter of fact I have it on my list for my next trip to town. Thought it would help the skin be more elastic and take shape better as I am toning up my stomach muscles.:smile:
  • crystalicfusion
    Options
    You can't really do anything to completely get rid of stretch marks. The thing that works the best to deminish them is laser therapy. Otherwise you just have to try to prevent them. Olive oil os supposed to work really well. But you don't want to get it on your clothes because it stains. Also make sure that you are getting enough vitamins. Especially A,C and E. (A in carrots, C most prevelent in foods that are deep red or orange, and E in wheat germ oil) If you take them in capsule form make sure not to over do it. Because too much E or A can cause health problems
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    Mederma is good for reducing scars and stretch marks. You can get it at Walgreens but it's not cheap - about $30 for a tube.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I'm with the approach of moisturizing...

I had them after my first baby, and with lots of cocoa butter (I liked the Body Shop's body butter) they didn't go away, but I think the added moisture plumped up the skin, and reduced their appearance (and it makes you feel better!).

A little body bronzer might also be good - once you have a light tan (I find a darker tan makes them more apparent).

Good luck and don't worry - I don't think anyone notices them as much as you do!
    :flowerforyou:
  • kmjgrant
    kmjgrant Posts: 80
    Options
    The thing about cocoa butter that gets confusing is that you have to use pure cocoa butter. All of these lotions and etc. that say it's cocoa butter in it... isn't really pure cocoa butter. And pure cocoa butter is really expensive. I heard maderma was good, but also the person that mentioned olive oil is right, you just have to massage it on every single night. But the only thing that I have noticed to get rid of stretch marks, is to stretch and losing weight... which is why all of us are here:tongue: but stretching like doing yoga or something, or just plain flat out stretching is the best way to get rid of stretch marks that aren't from having a baby.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Nothing will get rid of them, that's a scientific fact... sadly. I have some on my hips, inner thighs and side of stomach due to pregnancy. : (

I do take vitamin e, use cocoa butter lotion, and tan... tanning seems to minimize the appearance. I use jergens natural glow...
  • grumpymoo
    grumpymoo Posts: 64
    Options
    Tried Bio-Oil? Great for scars too.
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I asked this too a couple of months back, i have a lot of the white ones! I tried Bio-oil on someones recommendations and its great!
    Its not got rid of them but the appearance seems a lot better and my skin feels great!

Amanda
  • AJCM
    Options
    Where might one purchase Bio-oil??? What kind of formulation is it? Lotion? Actual Oil?

Thanks!
    :smile:
  • grumpymoo
    grumpymoo Posts: 64
    Options
    This is the first place I found it for the USA. Over here in the UK it is about £10 for a large bottle. All my friends swear by it!

http://www.drugdispensary.com/products/detail.asp?sku=2198029&bhcp=1
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi...I just wanted to add a word of encouragement...they almost disapear over time...I had really bad ones after my son was born, but for the last 30 years you can barely see them, you would have to know they were there and really be looking for them!
  • kris23
    kris23 Posts: 44
    Options
    try hemp oil, you can pick it up at health food stores, it worked very well with me during my pregnancies.
  • AJCM
    Options
    Kris 23 - have you been talking to my dad??? He is a health nut and is CRAZY about Hemp Oil - drinking it, making salad dressing with it, eating hemp hearts as a snack... apparently it is a miracle food! Perfect blend of Omega 3-6-9... I will try it on the tummy...
    :flowerforyou:
  • kris23
    kris23 Posts: 44
    Options
    Nope haven't talked to anyone, it just my own findings. I always consult a naturalpath ( back adjusts, colds, allergies and pregnancy) I have found the same answers and cures that I would on prescroptions without alot of the side effects. Mmmm, little bit of hemps seeds over or salad or in a sauce, they are very nutty tasting and very good for you.
  • graypink0130
    Options
    JASON vitamin E oil: an organic oil that can be found in the organic section at your grocery store by the lotions. I put it right on my stretch marks and it seems to help!