26/F/MI - My NY resolution is to make more MFP friends!

Options
Hey everyone! I have been on MFP for awhile but one of my new years resolutions this year is to get fitness support buddy!! I am a shorty (4'11") and I have about 20 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight. I have lost about 20 lbs already since I was at my highest weight. I think that one of my biggest obstacles to losing weight is that a lot of my friends and family are not supportive because they either don't have weight issues or they do not care about their physical health. So that is why I want to be friends with you! Add me if you want to be friends too and share fitness tips and tricks, and motivational messages!!

Thanks!

Gillian

Replies

• Kimmys012185
    Options
    I have the same problem with my friends and family....I'm always up for more weight loss buddies! Good luck!
  • gilligangirl1028
    Options
    Thanks for adding me as a friend :) I am glad we can be weight loss buddies and help each other even though sometimes our friends and families can't!!
  • duhad
    duhad Posts: 4
    Options
    We totally need to be buddies!!! I am 5'1" and used to be 40 pounds heavier than I am now. Many of my friends don't get why someone like me wants to lose weight but I try to explain that everyone has body issues no matter your size! And my family isn't supportive because one of the main things we do anytime we get together is eat, eat, eat!!!!!!!!!! I'd love to motivate and support each other! :)
  • gilligangirl1028
    Options
    So true! Anytime friends or family want to get together it's centered around eating!!!
  • Amz_06
    Amz_06 Posts: 3
    Options
    So true! Anytime friends or family want to get together it's centered around eating!!!

i second that!! unfortunately i seem to be the only one that gains the weight tho :/ x
  • Adobogirl
    Adobogirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm a shorty too! But I'm about 60lbs away from my goal weight. I found more support from online users than friends and family. I started using this app with friends and family listed but I'm the only one still going strong. Anyway, best of luck making it to your goal!!
  • mingobowie
    Options
    I am looking for buddies too!
    I just joined MFP and am trying to build up a good support group!
    :smile:
  • SIimMama
    SIimMama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request, I am new here and want to build up a support system too! I know I need people to hold me accountable and I'd love to help others on their journey too!