Snack ideas!

Options
I'm making a grovery list and I need some healthy snacking ideas. I have yogurt, light string cheese, wheat crakcers, hummus. I need some more.

Replies

• marulop14
    marulop14 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Kellogg's bar the strawberry one is very good! And it's only 90 calories!
  • HAPage24
    HAPage24 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, celery sticks or any other vegetable.
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    V-8 Juice. I like Spicy-Hot.
    :devil:
  • Jennifer0878
    Jennifer0878 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Raw almonds
    1/2 C. plain yogurt with 1 tsp. raw honey and raw walnuts
    Sweet potato (can cook in mircowave) with cinnamon
    Air popped popcorn
    Almond butter with apple slices

Those are some of my favorites!
  • rayleansout
    Options
    cottage sheese - skim - loaded with protein
    also ricotta cheese - - skim - add a splenda pack and some vanilla extract - tastes like vanilla pudding
    lots of green vegetables
    tomatoes - stuff it with cottage cheese
    extreme welness low carb wraps - high fiber
    chicken breast no skin
    flank steak - peppers and onions - make a fahita with the low carb wrap
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Try spelt cakes and organic peanut butter. It is one of my favourite snacks. Spelt cakes have a much nicer taste than rice cakes. You can buy them at most bulk/heath food stores such as Bulk Barn. :)
  • ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    mini meringue nests 15 cals, nice to nibble on with a cuppa of coffee if you have the munchies for something sweet
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Black bean brownies.... a brownie box mix mixed with one can of black beans and bake as directed on box.

I also make black bean cookies. Same as above, but with a chocolate cake mix and a cup of milk. Then spoon fulls dropped onto a pan and baked 13 mins.

A couple cookies and some hot tea makes for a nice little snack.
  • LauraRose03
    Options
    Kellogg's bar the strawberry one is very good! And it's only 90 calories!

I second this suggestion!!!!! They are soooo good. I like all the flavors, I just bought 5 boxes of different flavors :) Also, try the Dole Real Fruit Bites. They are also only 90 calories. My favorite is the pineapple chunks, but they have mango and apple, too (I haven't tried either of those). Bon appetit!
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal pancakes are also a great snack.

1c oatmeal
    egg whites to desired texture
    1 banana (beat well) and cinnamon to taste.

Awesome snack. You can eat them plain or with something. I like them just the way they are.
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    I eat hard boiled eggs, tons of veggies with ranchers choice, fat free dip, rice crackers, small apples or pears, unsalted almonds, 35 cal yogurt
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    I like:

*Celery sticks filled with peanut butter or almond butter
    *Handful of cashews, pistachios or macadamia nuts
    *Hard Boiled Egg
    *Dried Apricots or apples
    *Turkey Pepperettes
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Edimame. I buy them in the big bags and make the whole thing, then it's an easy snack to throw a handfull into a ziplock baggie and go. I also like apple cinnamon rice cakes with peanut butter or chocolate pb2. Almonds, yogurt, fruit, baby bell cheese with reduced fat triscuits.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Veggie Chips or Veggie Straws (if you must have a crunchy snack, which I DO!)
    mini bagels (about 120 calories)
    low-fat cream cheese (to spread on the mini-bagels :)
    Cuties tangerines or seedless mandarin oranges
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I like dried cranberries with natural almonds, Apples with Sharp Cheddars cheese slices, Peanut butter and Celery, smoothies...
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    I do trail mix, measured out and separated into ziploc baggies... The very large downside is that if you overdo it on trailmix, it's massive calories... (hence the measuring out instead of guessing how much I'm eating)
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Black bean brownies.... a brownie box mix mixed with one can of black beans and bake as directed on box.

I also make black bean cookies. Same as above, but with a chocolate cake mix and a cup of milk. Then spoon fulls dropped onto a pan and baked 13 mins.

A couple cookies and some hot tea makes for a nice little snack.

I've heard of the brownies but not the cookies...brilliant idea! And I have unsweetened almond milk to get rid of so that would make them even healthier!!!!
  • knelson422
    Options
    Mini bagels, thomas's I think. They have 110 calories, spread some hummus on them and top with a tomato slice, great snack for well under 200 calories.
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love wasabi/soy almonds, fiber one brownies, almond milk, cheese, pickles (watch the sodium), carrots, edamame, roasted green bean "fries".....
  • KingBee79
    KingBee79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Pizza, dipped in ranch dressing.

Doritos

Flaming Hot Cheeto's with Lime.

Or.....

Kashi cereal mixed in with my yogurt
    Peanut butter on wheat toast
    any kind of fruit
    homemade jerky