Emotional Eater

Options
So I am an emotional eater. Everything in my life has been associated with food, when I'm happy I eat, when I'm sad I eat. Well right now I am sad so even though I had a huge sucess as far as eating better today I WANT TO EAT! I just found out that my job that I'm not to crazy about is going to get even worse. Right now I am off Sundays and Mondays so we have one family day right now. In Feburary I go to being off Tuesday and Wednesday. So there goes my Sundays....my perfect Sundays! I love Sundays! I look forward to ALL week for Sundays. Not to mention I just made a commitment to the church to work sound, which now I wont be able to do!

So rather than eating a donut or slice of pizza which both sound good right not I thought I would whine to you. So whoever you are reading this thanks for listening :)

Replies

• monstercakes
    monstercakes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It's a common problem that not a lot of people like talking about.
    Acknowledging it is the first step to getting over it :)
  • Living_Barefoot
    Living_Barefoot Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the whole emotional eating thing, when I feel the urge to eat for no reason whatsoever I drink a glass of water and go for a walk or just walk around my house aimlessly :P
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    (((hugs)))

Better to vent on here than eat and regret later :)

I try to talk it out. Sometimes when things change it really ends up being awesome :)

Maybe you'll enjoy working Sundays:happy:
  • christinajohnson
    christinajohnson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking a different step! I have the same habits and it's times like these where if nothing changes, then nothing changes. I keep having to remind myself in my current situation.
  • EJWoolcock
    Options
    I know exactly where you are coming from. I eat because I'm sad, or because I'm happy or because I'm stressed or because I'm celebrating.....but the key is to realise that is what is happening and take the steps like you have to change the assocation. Well done to you I say!! Eating doesn't make it better, we all know that.

Keep it up mate.

:happy:
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    That really sucks about your job, but kudos to you for venting your anger here instead of reaching for food!
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, what a bummer! Glad you wrote -- talking (writing) is good. We're in this together.
  • newCourtney
    newCourtney Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So good of you to vent instead of eat. I'm an emotional eater too. I eat out of happiness, sadness, boredom, loneliness, stress, frustration. I know this will be one of the biggest challenges I have to face in order to be successful.
    I'm sure you will figure out a way to get your family time. I'm sure your church will understand that you can't fulfill your commitment. None of that makes you feel better right now, I'm sure.
    Take your choice to post over eating as a small success for which you should be proud. Heck, I'm proud of you, and I don't even know you. :happy:
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am too, especially if I am bored. Good for you for reaching out to others instead of to the food! :smile:
  • LilysMommy2012
    LilysMommy2012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support it helps! Now I am going to just keep praying I hear back about another job I applied for!
  • LilysMommy2012
    LilysMommy2012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support it helps! Now I am going to just keep praying I hear back about another job I applied for!