Whats more important sleep or exercise???

Options
I have been beating myself up for not working out everyday. I read everyones posts about their awsome workouts and I am trying to figure out when I could fit it in. So any advice would be helpful.
I work 2 jobs. I am a baker in a grocery store so I work from 2am to 7am 5 days a week. Never the same days. Then mon-fri I have a daycare from 7am to 5pm then dinner and if I have to work that nite I try to get to bed by 8 so I can get at least 5-5 1/2 hrs of sleep. I try to do some type of activity on the nites I dont have to work. Is that enough??? Or should I push myself to workout everyday and just get less sleep.

Replies

• JAC1000
    JAC1000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you run a daycare for one job, it should be easy to get exercise with the kids. Just play ball, tag or other active game, or run circles around them if they are to young to run. You can even try yoga or step with them if that is your thing. Even if you have babies, you can do some of the mommy and me type of exercises. Get creative in how to get exercise with the kids. It will be good for them as well as for you. That way you can exercise AND sleep.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Sleep! Diet is 80% eating, 20% exercise.
    When you have time, do 1,2 times heavy weight lifting since more muscle mass more calorie burns. And if you have more time
    just do 1,2 15 minutes of HIIT so you heart will be happy and you can burn more calorie event after the work out is over.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    SLEEP!! Your body recovers from exercise while you sleep -- and burns calories doing it.
  • robynluvsjesus
    robynluvsjesus Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I find that when I exercise, I don't need as much sleep. But I find sleep to be more fun :)
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    SLEEP!

I'm a nursing student so I pull loooonnnngggg hours and that means I don't always have time for a workout or I have ONLY 30 min, so I use it and don't worry about it. If I don't get 7 hours of sleep I'm a monster and I can't learn and function properly.
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    sleep!
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sleep! Especially if you're only getting 5-5 1/2 hours of sleep a night. Ideally you "should" be getting at least 7.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I also do day care. 7am-5:30pm. I get up at 5am and go to the gym. do my workout come home and wake everyone up for the day jump in the shower and have my coffee then off to daycare. I don't do daycare in my house. I have another house.
    I used to do my workouts at night after everything was done. But then I found myself trying to fit it in everyday. That is when I decided to do it in the morning.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    It depends on how tired you are. At the moment for me, sleep is more important, but I don't get that much of it anyway, so I am not giving up any of the 5 or so hours I have to exercise.