Ripped in 30 - is it as good as 30DS?

Options
I've ordered my copy of Ripped in 30 and its due to arrive tomorrow, I'm hoping that its like the 30DS if not even better. I'm hoping to do it everyday for 30 days if I can manage it from the day it arrives.

Has anyone tried it, or about to start the 30 day challenge?

Replies

• quizzer
    quizzer Posts: 17
    Options
    I've got it but not started yet, had a dodgy wrist but should be good to start within a week. If you decide to start/join a group please let me know!
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have them both and think ripped in 30 is tougher...........If you have already done 30DS, ripped in 30 is a great follow up!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I've done both and I preferred Ripped by far. It had more variety and kept my heart rate more consistent so I burned more calories (I did both 30DS and Ripped with my HRM). It was more intense at the last level and there are still some moves I can't do but she offers modifications the same as 30DS. Good luck!!
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I preferred the ri30 to 30ds, tougher but less cardios and jumps, but i burned more calories
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I have Ripped, but haven't tried it yet. I bought several new Jillian DVDs after finishing the Shred and so far I've tried Yoga Meltdown, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and Extreme Shed and Shred. Holy moly, ALL of them are a really really good workout. BFBM burned the most calories per time spent (which it should, it's ALL cardio), Yoga Meltdown challenged me in new ways b/c of all the different movements and Extreme Shed and Shred was the hardest, lots of new moves and different things my body wasn't used to doing. I'm expecting Ripped in 30 to be just as awesome. ('awesome' = kicking my butt LOL)
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    I have it, and love it more than 30Ds, its a little bit harder, there are 3 strength exercises rather than just 2. I find the moves more dynamic, also with it having 4 levels you do each 6 times, rest for one... and you are actually ripped in 28 days not 30. lol
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Im doing Ripped in 30 now,on wk 2,ive also done 30 DS,i like them both,but i personally like Ripped in 30 more..!!
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    any super beginners and if so, what weights are you using?
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I did it before Xmas and loved it. Am now doing it again as felt prob didn't put all into it and missed few sessions and din't do the whole week 4. It is very challening but good, noticed a difference in my strenth this time round, am going to get the next weight up and really try and push harder. Looking Extreme too and maybe the bums thigh one. Bit hooked on her DVD's now, i saw there is a new one in march kick cardio or something. Started week 1, day one yesterday am keen to join group if anyone else is, might need the motivation, am in aussie and is very hot.

Also what hand wiehgts are people using i used 2Kgs (4 pounds)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    any super beginners and if so, what weights are you using?

I did it with 5 pounds but use what you feel is appropriate for you, even 1 pound is great. If that's too much, don't use weights and work up to it.
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Well I did it once on the day I recd it but then spent a few nights out in a row so have started at day 1 again today. So far I like it more than 30DS, i'm not as fit as when I started the 30DS but if i get the results i got with that then I'll be very pleased.

I might need to buy more weights though as I only have 6lb weights and even though they are ok for most of the moves I feel like I need heavier ones for the kettlebell move and the dead squats. Does everyone else have different size weights?

Does anyone fancy a 30 day group to see what results we're getting? I've never done it but i could try put on a table and update weights, inches etc