College Athletes?

Options
Just wondering if there are any college athletes on here. I am 21 and have played womens rugby for 4 years now. Great workout but still trying to lose 25 pounds.

Replies

• kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm on my schools varsity crew team! I've been doing it for 2 1/2 years, and it's an amazing workout, but I took it as a license to eat whatever I wanted :/ now it's time to get back in athletic shape!
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i play rugby for UW-parkside! i've been playing for 8 years now, but losing weight is still a struggle. have you found anything that works for you? i could use a few pointers...
  • jbethea
    Options
    I played college basketball when I was in college (I've been done since 2003) but I was never where I wanted to be then either. It was hard b/c you travel and don't always eat the best when you're running around with no time for anything. All the exercise you would think would counter act that but it didn't! I finally went on weight watchers to loose my inital weight. I'd say biggest things I learned was meal portions and to really try not to eat at least 2 hrs before you go to bed.
  • rugbyphreak
    Options
    i work out like crazy, but i guess it's not burning off enough. i will admit, the only time i have to actually make a meal is right before bed... oops! i guess i need to plan my days better.
  • coll18
    coll18 Posts: 13
    Options
    Ahhhh I always wanted to do crew. My school doesn't have it though too bad. Had to settle with rugby as a freshman and have grown to love it. Even got recruited for a couple of big league teams in the northeast.

Still wish I got a chance to do crew though.
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    I played golf through college which I cannot say is the most physically demanding sport out there but I will guarantee that it burns a ton of calories walking 7 miles with a 30 lb bag on your back. I initially was going to play both basketball and golf in college but that didn't work well with as much time that school took up as well.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    yes! i'm 20 and I run cross country & indoor&outdoor track!
  • vmclach
    Options
    i play rugby for UW-parkside! i've been playing for 8 years now, but losing weight is still a struggle. have you found anything that works for you? i could use a few pointers...

I go to UW- river falls :P !
  • almost350
    Options
    I was the College Cricket and Football (soccer) team captain..
  • mad07025
    Options
    Any tennis fans? I play tennis at Uconn
  • rugbyphreak
    Options

sweet!! do they have anything exciting there? we've never played rugby against them, so i'm assuming you guys don't a team, which is sad. lol
  • vmclach
    Options

sweet!! do they have anything exciting there? we've never played rugby against them, so i'm assuming you guys don't a team, which is sad. lol

Nope. lol. We don't really have that much here. I guess we have a rodeo which is cool lol. but other than that no :(