Hello From Texas

Options
My name is Amy and I am in the Houston Area. I am new to MFP and very excited to start off this new years right!

My goal is to lose around 35 pounds and to keep it off! Would love any tips!!

Have a great day!

Replies

• sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You're in the right place for exceptional tools and support! You've got this!

Best wishes to you on your journey!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy! I'm also from Texas, I'm about 2 hours east of ya, in the Beaumont area.

The only tips I have is, cut out fried food, work out daily, stay within your calorie goal and log every day! A good workout that a lot of us are doing or have done is Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, that is if you don't have a gym membership, but still some are doing it even with a gym membership!

Good luck to you on your journey!
  • shelleycronan
    Options
    Welcome... I'm in Dallas my starting weight was 150, my current weight is 143.5, and my goal weight is 110. So I have 33.5 lounds to go. If you want to friend me we can motivate each other through our journey. Remeber to be honest about your food intake and what you burn. You usally do not lose weight immediately. It usually takes a week or so. Diet is EXTREMELY important if you wnat to shed the lbs. Good Luck!
  • Bonniebigbutt
    Options
    I am one of your neighbors in the Houston area. I also just started I have 100lbs to loose but I am going to start with the goal of being under 200lbs. I am a busy mom and its so easy to eat unhealthy stuff when you qre always running around. Welcome and I look forward to hearing from someone who knows how good a Whataburger and onion rings are.:flowerforyou: