don't you just hate it, when people

who you havent seen for awhile, and see that you look awesome, the first thing that they say, is "so do you feel better?".
Why does everyone assume that if you are fat, that you feel awful.. One of the reasons that i was fat for so long, was that i felt great. My blood pressure was good. cholesterol was good, i felt great. Is that so hard to believe??? I will be coming up with a snappy answer for this. It's really starting to annoy me. How about you. any good comebacks?

Replies

• MeriO13
    MeriO13 Posts: 2 Member
    Hmmm, well maybe they don't just mean physically? Maybe they mean how do you feel mentally? Spiritually? Emotionally? There are lots of different ways to feel about something. I don't think that it would be very kind to give someone who is obviously trying to compliment you a snappy retort. Usually people are well meaning, especially when they see that you have been successful. :)
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    I have gotten that a lot. I don't like it when anyone comments at all, but others find that having others notice is motivating. So, I just go with a quiet thank you and yes I feel good.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    who you havent seen for awhile, and see that you look awesome, the first thing that they say, is "so do you feel better?".
    Why does everyone assume that if you are fat, that you feel awful.. One of the reasons that i was fat for so long, was that i felt great. My blood pressure was good. cholesterol was good, i felt great. Is that so hard to believe??? I will be coming up with a snappy answer for this. It's really starting to annoy me. How about you. any good comebacks?

Yeah, I get that a lot. And 'do you have way more energy now?' Uh, no, I have always had lots of energy....my BP was always good too, cholesterol, all that. In fact my doctor often commented that my stats and vitals did not 'match the package!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    No, I think my first assumption would be that they were trying to be nice and ask about my success and how I feel. Coming up with a snappy answer to someone who has the intention of being nice and making conversation is not something I would do.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    No, I think my first assumption would be that they were trying to be nice and ask about my success and how I feel. Coming up with a snappy answer to someone who has the intention of being nice and making conversation is not something I would do.

Yup. This.
  • Here's an awesome comeback....

"I do feel great, thank you for noticing!"

They will be rendered speechless.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    In addition to probably trying to be nice, they probably know this is a common occurrence for people who've lost weight.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    One can choose to assume the worst of every comment, and live a bitter existence.

One can choose to give people the benefit of a doubt, and live a much more pleasant existence.

(cue the "They're jealous!" comments)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    People just can't win. If they had said, "Oh, my god you look so great!" Would you have thought, "Geez, did I look so horrible before?"

Maybe, they were trying to be sensitive to the whole "weight loss for looks" thing and make a nice convo about feeling good. Your snappy answer will sure cure them of that.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member

Yeah, I get that a lot. And 'do you have way more energy now?' Uh, no, I have always had lots of energy....my BP was always good too, cholesterol, all that. In fact my doctor often commented that my stats and vitals did not 'match the package!
    They probably didn't necessarily mean physically. There was obviously a reason you made the effort to lose the weight, am I right? Perhaps you didn't like the way you looked, even if you felt totally great? Now being thinner and more in line with what you'd 'like' to look like...don't you 'feel better'? :huh:
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 266 Member
    nobody has asked me that yet, but it's probably because I'm quick to say it.

My planter facitis is not a problem in more (no more foot pain so bad i can't walk)
    I can now go up my stairs and not get winded.

So, aside from the muscle ach from working out, I do feel better.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Well, for me, the answer would be the honest truth...YES, I DO feel better! There are zero bad side effects to what I am doing compared to what I used to do. I no longer have headaches, I have twice the energy, I am stronger, I have more endurance, and my mind is clearer. Why do people have to look for the snark in an honest question related to weight loss? Maybe they actually care? Wow, what a concept!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    OP, do you feel better now?
    :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Why is it a problem to just say Yes I feel great. thank you.
    :smile:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    I think you are being a bit sensitive.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    So, do you feel better?

If you don't, why does the answer have to be snappy?
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member

Ditto
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    What I really hate is running in to people I haven't seen for a long time. Having friends is such a pain!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    What I really hate is running in to people I haven't seen for a long time. Having friends is such a pain!!
    and then they might invite me to lunch...gah!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    and then they might invite me to lunch...gah!

How dare they take you out to eat! Sabotage!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!