Jillian Michaels 30DS

Options
I just started the Jillian Michaels 30DS today. Would like to hear from others that have used it and what it did for you? Did you lose weight? get toned? Let me know!

Replies

• lettydawn
    Options
    I cannot help you out, but I am starting it today with my husband! I am nervous but so excited!
  • Mayhife
    Options
    I just started mine yesterday and it worked my booty...I'm feeling it. How has it gone for you ladies?
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    It was tougher than I thought it would be! Just got it and I was surprised!
  • misselk
    misselk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did Level 3 Day 1 today, and so far I've lost about 3 pounds (and I cheated Christmas and New Years)
    As for Inches:
    Bust- 35.5->34
    Natural Waist- 31->29
    Hips-38.5->38

I have also been cutting my calories to 12-1400 a day! I'm pretty impressed with the results so far!
  • rachdlew
    rachdlew Posts: 108
    Options
    It was the first workout video I had ever done. I did level one and 2 and I lost over 20 pounds it is a great starting point. After level one and two I got a little bored with it and started lifting weights. I have fallen off the wagon over the holidays and I will be doing the shred again to get me back into the swing of things. Oh and I also want to mention that I was lifting weights for about a month and I did level two again thinking it would be cake and I was severly WRONG it kicked my butt. Its a great workout for everyone
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i never did it consistently, because i'd be too tired from other workouts but when i did do it for about 3.5 weeks like off and on i loss some inches on my waist, no lbs= i think if you are disciplined it works!
  • carollins11
    Options
    I just finished up my workout with 30DS with Jillian Michaels. She's tough, but its worth it. I'm using 30DS and walking as part of my exercies commitment to maintain the current weight. Keep going, I'm doing it too. I hope to lose another 10lbs. Lets keep encouraging one another. Hang in there for the first 30 days an eat right and see where this takes you. Keep up the good works. ")
  • Loudmom01
    Loudmom01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just started today too. Ready to shred my body :P......Workout on level one has me sore, man am I outta shape. Cant wait to get to day 30 and see the difference.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    30DS was my first workout DVD. I found the first 3 days to be brutal...sore thighs so bad that I asked hubs to install a handicapped rail by the commode so I could sit!! But then, day 4 or so, less soreness. The workout didn't get easier, exactly, but it became doable. I couldn't finish alot of the move sequences the first week, but I did better the second, even better the third...

I powered through, missing only one day of the 30. It gave me such a feeling of accomplishment! I lost nearly 10 pounds and felt amazing. I've continued to exercise regularly, and I'm currently following the New Rules of Lifting for Women program. (I'm shoulder-pressing 20#...when I did the shred, I sweated through the reps at 3#!! )

Stay hydrated. Do your best. Enjoy yourself. Land softly as you can on the jumping jacks to protect your knees. And best of luck to you!
  • JSMSDSAS05
    JSMSDSAS05 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I cannot help you out, but I am starting it today with my husband! I am nervous but so excited!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!
  • tamtam7882
    Options
    hey I just bought it too!!! I guess we'll all find out together :-)
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It was my first workout when I started here.

I could barely lift my arms on Day 2. Even the warm up killed! But KEEP AT IT!! After about 10 days I saw my biceps toning. That was enough to keep me doing it.

What I loved about it was seeing how far I came after day 30. I start with 7 pushups and ended doing 20+. Not bad for 30 days. The best was doing one more day and doing Level 1 again. I was AMAZED at how much easier it felt!!!! That's when I really saw the greatest changes...in my endurance!
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I did the entire thing just two months ago. Loved it! I toned, dropped inches and flatten my baby belly some! I started the shed & shred before I got sick- that's intense big mix of things on that workout! Can't wait til my cough takes a hike so I cn get back to it!

First days are hardest. Some level are blah. Didn't care for the 2nd level too much. Good luck!
  • TheMrs1006
    TheMrs1006 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am going to start the 30Day Shred AGAIN and this time make it count for something. I was so sore the first few days that I gave up on it. This time around I'm game no pain no gain is what they say. Right?
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred earlier this year and the first few times were tough and then I started to LOVE it. I felt so great after every workout and I would turn on the heat in my room to make me sweat more. Also made sure I used weights for everything I could. I think I lost about 5 pounds and at the time I believe I was 146. I am now 142 and am going to start it again tomorrow :) I'm going to have to make a few adjustments with pushups this time because I have really bad wrists :(

Good luck!!
  • JSMSDSAS05
    JSMSDSAS05 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to make a few adjustments with pushups this time because I have really bad wrists :(

Good luck!!

I also have bad wrists.....wut adjustments are u going to make?
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I did it in the month of November. I really pushed myself and did it every day for all 30 days straight. I gained weight the first few days which was really upsetting until I talked to other people who had done it or were doing it at the same time as me. Almost everybody seems to gain in the first week but then the gain goes away really quickly. (Water retention from muscle training is the consensus) I made the decision after that first upsetting weight gain to not step on the scale until the month was over. It was really hard but it allowed me to focus on my body and not just my weight. I had to do a re-feed during the second week because after talking to a nutritionist I discovered I had been pushing my body too hard too fast and hadn't getting nearly enough to eat for several months. At the end of the month I could see a huge difference in the way my body felt and in how it looked, I actually had muscle definition! I lost a total of 4.5 lbs for the month but given that I had done a re-feed for just over a week of the month I think the amount I lost was great.

Good luck, it isn't easy or always fun but it's so worth it!