Calorie calculators keep telling me different things! Help.

Options
2»

Replies

• Malvarez2013
    Malvarez2013 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you want to see weight loss and fast (2+ lbs a week), I'd just stick to 1200-1300. I went from 165 to 127 eating 1200 calories a day (with no exercise because I'm lazy) in just a few months.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I won't go unless I am going for some other reason but it would be interesting to know how much my body needs to do it's thing. I have wasted a whole year messing around with weight loss and I want to do this properly.
  • hailzp
    Options
    You may also look into having your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) tested in a clinic. I did so and found that my daily RMR was about 300 calories less than any of the calculators assumed, and thus my caloric targets were all 300 cal too high.

Good idea.Do you know how they test it in the clinic? Can you just go to your doctors?

You're making this way to complicated.

Are you losing weight?

a. If you're not losing weight, lower your calories a bit by 15-20%, and exercise.

b. If you are losing weight, disregard step a.
    c. If you have a problem, go to step a.

OK sweet, but what if I loose weight one week and not the next, what does this mean?
  • hailzp
    Options
    That looks cool. But I am not really in a position to be able to afford that.
  • hailzp
    Options
    OK I will increase exercise and see what happens. :)
  • hailzp
    Options
    I am a fake kiwi! Just live here. Maybe the body media fit thing can be something I save for.