Burnt my healthy dinner

Options
Meat and veggies in oven...too hot for too long. So I am having peanut butter n jelly (very little jelly and on whole wheat toast). It is about the same calories. Is this a poor or ok substitute? I am pressed for time because I leave for school in 20 min.

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Sounds fine to me. Life gets in the way sometimes. At least you tried.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    20 minutes? Perhaps you could prepare a traditional Mexican mole, comprised of about 20 ingredients, involving a good amount of grinding of those ingredients.

Your sammich won't have the same nutritional oomph of your meat & veg, but you're pressed for time. Oh well. Move on.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It happens..pb&j is a decent substitute...I would probably have it paired with a handful of baby carrots if you have them on hand!
  • Loudmom01
    Loudmom01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    20 minutes? Perhaps you could prepare a traditional Mexican mole, comprised of about 20 ingredients, involving a good amount of grinding of those ingredients.

Your sammich won't have the same nutritional oomph of your meat & veg, but you're pressed for time. Oh well. Move on.

Since I cant be at two places at once (school and making mole) then I guess PB&J will have to do......
  • Loudmom01
    Options
    It happens..pb&j is a decent substitute...I would probably have it paired with a handful of baby carrots if you have them on hand!

Actually I do...thanks.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

Since I cant be at two places at once (school and making mole) then I guess PB&J will have to do......
    I was just joshin'. Don't sweat it, yo. You got this!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Better than a bag of chips and a soda! I love PB&J. And I burn my dang dinner all the time.
  • MechanicalKid1
    Options
    Sounds fine to me. And yummy. :P
  • Loudmom01
    Options
    Plus I would prob screw up Mexican Mole too...since I have never made it before and have no idea of where to start. :ohwell: The mexican food restaraunts make it just fine lol so I will leave that to them. I guess I could confess.....ive never been much of a cook. Kids ate pb&j too but at least they didnt complain. :tongue:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I believe PB&J is the perfect food! LOL Organic jelly & peanut butter on sprouted grain toast is my go-to meal. You'll be fine. It has close to 15 grams of protein :wink:
  • Loudmom01
    Options
    Better than a bag of chips and a soda! I love PB&J. And I burn my dang dinner all the time.

I almost went for this (my old standbye) but this is a new year and a new me. I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred...cant screw up diet on day 1!!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    don't forget to toast the bread...
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    when you get home, try to grab some salad or some fruit to catch up on fiber.