Too Lean Cuisine?

Options

Replies

• MelissaJ20
    Options
    I haven't read anyone's response--but my own experience is that I'm ALWAYS starving after eating them...plus it's got a ton of sodium and there is nothing really nutritious in there for you. I think it's better for you to make your own from scratch, break it into portions and freeze it and then grab that for lunch. There is a recipe builder on here so you can figure out the calories. Good luck!
    I agree. As soon as I stopped eating them for lunch, I lost weight, and feel a million times better. Also, I always felt hungry after scarfing one down. :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I haven't had one in years, but they look so darn tiny. Try making something like this on the weekend and freezing in individual portions

http://recipes.prevention.com/Recipe/moms-new-beef-stew.aspx

There are lots of great soup recipes that freeze well so you could mix it up. And they literally have twice as much food as one of those meals!
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    lean cuisines and healthy prepackaged meals taste good and leave you hungry because they are filled with sodium, carbs and preservatives. You are better off taking a day of the weekend and making yourself some meals you can take to work that have 300-500 calories.. some that come to mind are shish kabobs, and grilled chicken and veggies, Protein will fill you up and keep you filled up as opposed to the carbs that are in the prepackaged meals which keep you full for a very short time.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    The only Lean Cuisines I like are the chicken fajitas, I eat one serving for breakfast. I don't bother buying them otherwise, I find most of them tasteless and way too little food for the calories. If you can help it, try making your meals fresh. It's better.
  • mamamia410
    Options
    I'm always hungry after them, but I bring a bag of snacks with me to work and I will eat breakfast, a generous one if I can, then eat a snack between breakfast and lunch. When lunch comes around, I eat the lean cuisine, but keep snacking on something between that and the end of the day. But, Lean Cuisines are pretty non-filling on their own :)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Well, I am only 110lbs 5'2 and one lean cuisine is hardly a snack in my opinion, LOL. I seriously feel soooo hungry after eating one. I don't eat a lot of those frozen dinners anyways, but on the occasion I do, I am certainly not full.
  • inagadda1976
    Options
    My recomendation is to get some frozen veggies ( no sauce of course) and add them to the lean cuisine to bump it up and also another suggestion may be to mix in some brown rice.
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Here's a tip that I learned a long time ago in Weight Watchers - you can eat the lean cuisine & then also an extra vegetable to go with it. If frozen is the way you are going you can get frozen spinach, broccoli, mixed veggies, or whatever you like & eat the whole bag!! It's more to fill you up and vegetables. :)
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I haven't had them in a couple of years because of the sodium, but they always left me hungry!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I don't have them often but I always keep a couple in the freezer just in case. I usually have some extra veggies with them and maybe a yogurt or a pudding snack (if I'm feeling like living on the wild side) and they hold me over pretty well. I always have an afternoon and evening snack whether I have something like a Lean Cuisine or a home cooked meal so I don't really notice any difference.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have the lean cousine with a side salad or a piece of fruit for lunch all the time
  • jweidner33
    jweidner33 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would eat one and drink 32 oz of water with it. That was always plenty for me. The sodium was a little concerning though. But I am a picky eater and a horrible cook so I ate them for lunch every day.
  • hatravers
    hatravers Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i take them to work now and then but i always cook them up first and add a load of vegetables, on there own they wont fill u up
  • miseducation1327
    miseducation1327 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I used to eat Lean Cuisines every night for dinner for years. I never lost a pound. I agree - they have basically no nutritional value and you are much better off creating your own meals. I turned to Isagenix, which is a meal replacement shake. It keeps me full much longer and is full of all the nutrition that you need. Best of all, I lost about 13 pounds when I began Isagenix. If you'd like to find out more about it, message me :)
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    lean cuisine is to small for me. i can usually eat more food and less calories very easily. xP not to mention all the sodium and preservatives in the stuff. not to mention all the nutrients you lose microwaving the stuff.
  • Erin51
    Erin51 Posts: 35
    Options
    I have not read all of the posts so if someone suggested this, then good! Smart Ones makes meals in a bag that are 30% larger than their ones in the trays. They are 300 calories and fill my 20 yr old son up. Try adding raw carrots or celery and an apple to fill you up. Best wishes on your health journey! :smile:
  • Stephie_D
    Stephie_D Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have to tell you...I always felt like it never satisfied me when I ate those frozen meals. First of all, I could eat them in a few bites and in a few minutes. I ended up cutting everything up in tiny bites...it was really dissatisfying. Now, I eat left lovers from dinner, a big salad, or a sandwich I make at home. Much more satisfying AND the same calorie count (without all the preservatives).
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Try the Weight Watchers Smart Ones Satisfying Selections. They are larger than the regular Smart Ones, under 400 calories per meal, and they taste pretty good. They also have a nice big helping of protein.

Here's the link:
    http://www.eatyourbest.com/products/satisfying-selections.aspx
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    This is hilarious I had my first lean cuisine meal and it was the Chicken Carbonara I got like 4 chunks of chicken and like 3 or 4 spoonfuls of noodles and I was like " Man, I neeed 2 of these"... but it honestly filled me up for 4 hrs I was totally shocked