Lunches for work??

Options
What are your favourite lunches to take to work?? I'm running out of ideas....i like things that are easy to prep night before, and are high in protein :) I'm so bored of salad with chicken, and rice with beans and veggies LOL

Replies

• rmsturdy
    Options
    I'm a BIG fan of Healthy Choice meals. They're low in sodium too. Not necessarily your highest protein option, but they're darn tasty and usually between 250 and 300 calories. I supplement that with greek yogurt with fruit or kefir and fresh veggies for a meal that's filling and under 600 calories. Feel free to check out my food logs...especially the last few days since I'm doing better lately.
  • laren1266
    Options
    Here's a link to a post I found yeasterday. It has a lot of great meal ideas.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/432738-stuck-in-a-food-rut-use-these-1500-calorie-menus
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I make lots of soups and stews. They're loaded with vegetables and very satisfying!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I started takin subway tuna subs to work. Found alot of coupons. So this week has been tuna. Other than that I sometimes take pb and jelly.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I make lots of soups and stews. They're loaded with vegetables and very satisfying!
    +1
  • SLT4273
    SLT4273 Posts: 56
    Options
    Progresso Light soup is good for days you don't have time to make your own.
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    How about a wrap? Lots of low-cal/low-carb options. A slice of cheese, sliced turkey, light condiments (mayo/guac/mustard), lettuce and whatever other veggies! PACK IT FULL! :) Fun alternative to a sandwich!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    this week it's homemade chili, 271 cal, 4g fat, 7g fiber, and 20g protein (made with 96% lean ground beef, cannelini beans, great northern beans, black beans, carrots, corn, onion, garlic and lots of spices), made a batch, took about an hour of active prep/cooking, and made 10 servings, some went into the freezer in individual portions. never did it before but so glad I did. Sometimes I make a lentil soup with same idea, lots of servings for a week or so.
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Homemade soup

pita bread with hummus and deli turkey meat

greek yogurt, apple with peanut butter

turkey and spinach on whole grain bread

veggie sandwich... light cream cheese, veggies of your choice..I serve either on arnold sandwich thins..or the new arnolds pockets(like pita bread)

Homemade pizza on tortilla crust, in a portabella mushroom, or pita

Brown rice with sauteed veggies(can add chicken too)

just a few
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Whatever you make for dinner, make an extra portion and take it the leftovers for lunch.

I love it, its filling and way better than anything else i would "make" especially for lunch.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I always take Smart Ones meals to lunch but if I have homemade, it's normally something my mom made for dinner the night before that I wanna take with (:
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Some things I like to take to work:

Lean Cuisines (my back up plan if I wake up late)
    Rolled up turkey breast with a sliced tomato and a dab of mayo/salt/pepper
    Vegetarian chili (frozen section)
    Butternut squash soup (V*8)
    Salad with a chicken pattie and some mandarin oranges
    Salad with shrimp and some balsamic vinagrette
    Salad with tilapia (hawaiian marinade)
    Gypsy soup (my mother makes it and I'm going to find the recipe to share! it's a vegetarian soup and TASTY!)
    Homemade Turkey burgers (ground turkey, shredded carrots, breadcrumbs, banana peppers, onions, salsa - my FAVE!)

I'm so glad I stopped by here to see this post so I can get some awesome ideas from other people! :)
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I usually have a Smart One meal and a lettuce salad with cottage cheese on top for dressing (we have a salad bar at work). But, I do take leftovers when I have them and have the time. Flat bread wraps are good.
  • pirate4hire
    Options
    Protein shakes are an option for snacks too. Get some of the small Glad reusable containers, the 1/2 cup size is perfect for 1 scoop of protein mix. Then just add water in a shaker and go. The Gold Standard 100% Whey or GNC Pro Performance Soy Protein are good with water (depending on flavor - I'd avoid vanilla in Gold Standard but in Pro Performance its good).

Other suggestions:

tuna pouches (easy clean up)
    fruits/veggies - get the single serve fruit cups and some cottage cheese, yummy!
    salad with (or without) chicken
    Tasty Bite has ready to serve ethnic dishes that go great with rice (the chickpeas rock)
    microwave single serve popcorn (more of a filler snack)
    yogurt - add some granola!
  • cindysing
    Options
    I've been blending my own hummus with tahini oil, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper, and chick peas. Great protein source. Awesome with veggies at lunch time. Sunday is a great cooking day, if I make a big vegetable quiche I can partition in tupperware for weekday lunches with a bit of fat free cottage cheese. Quiche could be a yummy alternative for your usual chicken salads and beans with rice. Any vegetable is great with quiche, use egg beaters mixed with skim milk. Go crazy with different colored peppers, onions, tomatoes or mushrooms.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    A few things I love are Progresso Light soups, chili (Bear Creek has a great mix), tuna salad (made w/ Miracle Whip) sandwich (high fiber bread), boiled egg, Cabot 75% reduced fat cheese with turkey pepperoni & reduced fat Club Crackers.