Hello - I'm 30 and need to lose 30 :)

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm new here and looking for support. I'm a married grad student living in NYC. My life currently revolves around my studies, so eating healthy hasn't been a priority. Looking to make a few changes in 2012. I'm 5'6" and currently weigh 174 pounds - 12 more than I did 2 summers ago (pre-grad school) but 3 less than the day that I got married (5.5 years ago).

Look forward to making some new friends :)

Replies

• christina3479
    Options
    Good for you for joining! Its such a battle! All the best to you!
  • mjok31
    mjok31 Posts: 84
    Options
    Hi and welcome....I am pretty new here too! We are just about spot on for stats!!!! Add me if you like, always looking for new friends to help keep motivated!!!!
  • MelJack68
    Options
    Hello! I'm also new to this site and need support! I'm 43 and the mother of 4 daughters. I really need to get back in shape to set a good example for them. My husband joined, too, so that helps. My little sister is on here , also. Please add me to your friends list and good luck!
  • DaveHardin
    Options
    Hello I just joined this evening. I need to lose 70 to 100lbs. I am 55 years young, retired military disable. Trying to get the wife to join too. Good luck to everybody.
  • madjaytykoal
    madjaytykoal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm also 30 and I need to lose about 15kg (I think this is around the 30 lb mark?) I am married with 5 kids, having just had my last baby 6 weeks ago. Also, I am from Australia. It would be nice to get to know some other people in the same boat as me. :happy:
  • BundangKiwiGal
    BundangKiwiGal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I'm also 30 and need to lose well...more than 30lbs. lol.
    Feel free to add. Best of luck!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Please feel free to add me! You are going to love this site!
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You're more than welcome to add me. I'm 30 too. I have a little more than you to lose, but there's nothing wrong with rooting each other on :) I'm a native NYer living in FL now. Good luck!
  • Adrienne2001
    Options
    Hi! I am 31 and I am looking to loose about 50 pounds....add me :smile:
  • Triciacannon
    Triciacannon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I just started too, and I'm looking to lose 40 before I turn 30 this summer!
  • madjaytykoal
    madjaytykoal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I meant to put in my above post, please feel free to add me :-)
  • km50945
    Options
    I just joined tonight as well. However my 12 pounds has been added in the last 6 months. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • beachgirl20
    beachgirl20 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I just joined MFP in December 2011. I am 30 and my goal is to lose 32 pounds. Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • nikkirenee79
    nikkirenee79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and just graduated with my masters in August so I can absolutely relate to unhealthy eating! I'll send you a friend request:) I just joined 10 days ago and am looking for friends, too.