Healthy Breakfast I Can Make at Work

Options

Replies

• noiva
    noiva Posts: 94
    Options
    I mix up flax pancake batter and keep it in the fridge. A 1/4 cup spooned onto a plate takes 1 1/2 min to cook in the microwave then top with greek yogurt and berries. It keeps me full all morning.

That sounds really good!
  • noiva
    Options
    If you like hard boiled eggs, you could boil some in advance. They last a couple of days in the refrigerator.

I also like to drink unsweetened soy milk; it's thicker than skim milk, which may help your satiety.

Best wishes!

Oooh, I forgot about soy milk. Thanks!
  • noiva
    Options
    Boiled egg with an ounce of cheese and a Fiber One bar.

I need to buy some Fiber One bars on my next grocery run. Forgot about those, too!
  • noiva
    Options
    Well, why not make a protein shake at home and then drink it at work (just shake it up when you get there - but blend at home).

1 scoop vanilla whey
    1 tb cocoa powder
    1 cup blueberries
    1 cup almond milk

I think it's a little over 200 calories, but I also add wheat germ (for fiber) and sometimes super green food powder which makes it a little over 300 calories.

That sounds really, really good. Will have to look into some shakes!
  • noiva
    Options
    If you're looking to add calories, peanut butter added to oatmeal is good and adds some protein.

I have some almond butter that would be perfect. Thanks for the idea!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I mix up flax pancake batter and keep it in the fridge. A 1/4 cup spooned onto a plate takes 1 1/2 min to cook in the microwave then top with greek yogurt and berries. It keeps me full all morning.

That sounds really good!

I agree!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I eat at work too....I don't heat it up though....I take Honey Nut Cheerios to work and mix with yogurt. with a size of fruit!
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I eat Quaker Instant Grits (150 cal.) with a tsp of butter or "I can't believe it's not Butter." Been doing that for years ... love it! Easy to make at work!
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Instant grits mixed with a microwaved egg. :)
  • noiva
    Options
    Can you take along a boiled egg? Or what about a banana or apple with peanut butter and granola. Or lox and cream cheese. Here's a recipe I am using a lot these days for breakfast.
    Creamy Caramel Pear with Granola

1 small pear (approx 1/3 pound)
    1 Tbsp Caramel syrup - sugar free and fat free
    1/4 cup light Ricotta cheese
    1/4 cup granola

Peal and cut pear into bite-sized chunks. Place in 8 oz bowl and spray with butter flavored Pam. Cover and microwave 2 minutes. Allow to stand in micro 2-5 more minutes. Top with caramel, ricotta, and granola. Cover and microwave 1 more minute. Stir and enjoy. With the products I use it's about 300 calories, 6 gms fat, 15 cholesterol, 101 sodium, 36 carbs with 5 fiber, and 7 protein.

Wow, never would have guessed that was so good for you!
  • Dzuniga87
    Options
    I have the same problem- I love the Jimmy Dean Delight breakfasts. You can pop them in the microwave and eat them at your desk. They're between 210-300 calories. good luck!
  • aracele
    aracele Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been eating baagel thins (110 cal) with an omelet (made from egg beaters...30 cal for 1/4 cup) mixed with bell pepper, onion, tomatoe, mushrooms. The got a cool little omelet pan (which makes it so easy to make). Total of about 205 calories. That includes a cup of coffee with creamer. Delicious. Good luck.
  • noiva
    Options
    I was trying to respond to everyone, but I can't keep up! You guys are awesome. Seriously, thank you thank you thank you for all of the great ideas!!
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I eat at work too....I don't heat it up though....I take Honey Nut Cheerios to work and mix with yogurt. with a size of fruit!

That's a good idea, I've been looking to mix either Kefir or Greek yogurt with more things, replacing the milk for cereal sounds good.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal (the old fashioned variety), made with boiling water from the teapot, microwave for 20 seconds. Stir in a tablespoon of peanut butter. It's like eating a cookie! About 250 calories. It keeps me full from 8 AM-12:30 PM.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing all the time because it tastes great and is actually decent nutrition wise. I get the Morningstar sausage patty, links or bacon. They are all in the range of 60-80 cals per serving and taste great. I get the Timberland (or whatever Brand your store carries) frozen egg patty. They have a plain one or one with cheese. I believe they are both 60 calories. Then a 100 calorie bagle or english muffin. Add a banana and it will still only set you back around 300 calories. I just put them in my lunch box and heat them up in the microwave at work. Definitely keeps me full and away from the hospital/cafeteria foods.
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    I also have a long commute daily, so I feel your pain! I heat up oatmeal, put some thinly sliced almonds on top, put berries in a bag, organic greek yogurt, and a boiled egg. That should keep you full and within your calories. I boil a few eggs the beginning of the week, peel them, and store them in a baggie for on the go. I also cut my fruit on Sundays and put them in individual bags as well. Yes I eat all of this while driving, yes i know it's horrible! I also always keep disposable bowls, spoons, and oatmeal in my desk along with almonds in case I wasn't full or ran out of time that morning. Good luck!
  • kimhairston212
    Options
    I just got a recipe for omlette cups you can make ahead of time and pop in the microwave. Take your favorite veggies, a little shredded cheese, crumble turkey sausage, put in muffin tins (spray with Pam), fill with EggBeaters, bake on 350 for about 15-20 min to set. Cool and you can store in the fridge. Very tasty. I made mine with a little sauteed spinach, broccoli, onions, fresh tomato, cheese and turkey sausage.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt parfait? I know you said no oats but if you always make hot oats, maybe switching it up and making overnight oats for a cold breakfast. I love the overnight kind. Just throw oats, almond milk/etc, and a little greek yogurt together and let sit in the fridge. I always mix in a little protein powder or frozen fruit in as well as chia seeds. The chia seeds will make it thicker. And the frozen fruit thaws and blends perfectly into it overnight. :)
  • terehorne
    terehorne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    have you tried cooking your breakfast at night that way you can have more to pick from pancakes eggs whites and a meat or buy the egg mcmuffins in the frozen food or a shake.