Tired of Being Plump

Options
I decided to break out of my shy shell and introduce myself here.

My diet has been changing this year (more veggies and fruit, less processed food, meat, and dairy) and I have been feeling better. This led me to find this site because I wanted to find something that I could use to help me lose weight and not feel restricting. I tried Weight Watchers with my mom a couple of years ago and hated it. I thought I couldn't eat anything and I love to eat. I felt hungry all of the time and didn't stick with this.

I found this website through the free phone app that it offered and decided to try it because it was free and it didn't have anything that felt restrictive. Best of all, it tells me why it does what it does. I like knowing the why of what I am doing. Since I can update my food journal on my phone, it feels easier too. So, that is why I am on here. Hi everyone.

Replies

• nyssaum
    Options
    I downloaded the food tracker app awhile back, then fell off the wagon. I'm trying to go out of my comfort zone and meet fellow MFP members to help keep each other on track! I tried to follow weight watcher's points w/ out paying for the program and found myself hungry all the time. I like how this site shows what nutrients and fat are in each thing you eat, it has made it so much easier to eat 'healthy' and not feel deprived!! Good luck on your journey, feel free to add me for support.
  • mrscroel
    Options
    I just joined too and LOVE it!!! It's actually easier than Weight Watchers I think! and I love the idea that other people are always on here willing to answer questions or just give you a little encouragement!! Add me as a friend if you would like!! Good for you for coming out of your shell!!!!:smile:
  • IWishIWasSkinny
    Options
    I hated weight watchers too! MFP provides such a supportive environment with loads of knowledge being shared on the forums!
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I didnt like Weight Watchers either. It made tracking your food too complicated. I joined for two weeks then quit. This site is much easier. You will find a lot of support here as well. Welcome aboard and feel free to "friend" me.