ARE YOU ADDICTED TO FAST FOOD???

Options
I have a cure! Lol
Watch Food Inc.
I guarantee it will keep you away for at least a few weeks.
Then watch Forks over Knives. :)
DO NOT watch these if you are not planning on giving up foods that are bad for you.
These movies give you an inside look to what you're really eating.
They're both on Netflix right now.

Replies

• KitKate68
    Options
    And then there's always Supersize Me. My daughter, a high school freshman, just watched that movie in health class at school, and swore off McDonald's...for about a week. Now she says she's fine with it :-P
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Ya... Super size me isn't as bad...
    Words can't describe....
    It's one of those you just have to watch.
    Picture diseased cow meat being tossed in a front loader with ammonia....
    Ya...
  • Jeanettep87
    Options
    I'm going to watch those right now haha...I need all the turn off I can get lol
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yeah, both are great recommendations. King Corn is also a great movie to watch. I bought that as well as Food, Inc.

Generally, any processed food is pretty bad for you. If you don't know what something is on the label, you probably shouldn't be ingesting it.

Also, there is a fantastic book out there, called "Omnivore's Dillema" by Michael Pollan (his other book "In the Defense of Food" is great too!). I highly recommend it. I've also read "Skinny *****"- all of these books pretty much confirmed for me just how bad fast food/processed food is.
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Is food inc streaming? or do you need to order the dvd? (I don't have access to my tv right now (well, the one with the xbox hooked up) so I can't check

thanks!
  • jconn8
    jconn8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    it's streaming and DVD
  • amonkey9
    Options
    haven't seen forks and knives but i will now! I've already sworn off fast food and I am slowly coming off processed (a little harder though...)
  • corriebean28
    Options
    I'll have to check out Food Inc. Supersize Me just made me want a Big Mac. (How sad is that?!)
    :)
  • corriebean28
    Options
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I watched Food Inc., but it didn't really change anything about how I eat.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I had "fast food" like BK, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, etc. I will eat 5 Guys, In N Out and smaller establishment fast food places. I don't like places that use poor quality ingredients, especially "pink slime" beef or "chicken" nuggets. Most of that is due to watching Food Revolution and seeing how they make most commercial ground beef. We no longer touch ground beef that is not ground on site or by a butcher.
  • crunchybubblez
    Options
    Another good one is Food Matters.
    Excellent documentary.
  • crunchybubblez
    Options
    Another good one is Food Matters.
    Excellent movie.