breakfast....don't like eggs

Options
So I am going to make more of an effort to eat breakfast. I would like to keep it under 300 cal and lower carb. I also don't really care for eggs. I'm having a hard time thinking of low cal breakfasts. HELP!

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    There's no rule that says you have to eat "breakfast" foods at breakfast time. Eat the same things you would any other time of day. Have a sandwich, a salad, whatever you want.
  • eridge
    eridge Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast person either so I have been drinking the slim fast shakes. They are 190 calories, lots of protein so it fills you up and it tastes like a choc milk shake... Was the perfect fix for my needing to get something in my system in the morning but not being a fan of traditional 'healthy' breakfasts...
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    lots of people I know will either have a smoothie or a sandwich.
  • anghahnmowry
    Options
    I don't have time to make breakfast in the mornings. So I grab a protien shake and drink it on the way. It keeps me full until around 10 am when I need a mid morning snack!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal or Bob's 1-grain with some almond milk and blueberries?

Cereal in general?

Whole grain toast with peanut butter?

A chicken breast with enchilada sauce (no really!)
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    How about Greek yogurt? It has more protein and if you get the plain yogurt it's lower carb. I also agree with Jorra about not having to eat breakfast foods at breakfast.
  • kaylielavin
    Options
    There is a brand of oatmeal out called Raw and it is AMAZING! The plum cinnamon spice is delicious - even though it sounds a little strange. It can be pricey so I only buy (a lot) when it's on sale. It has quinoa, flax and oats so it really fills and quinoa has protein - yay!
  • golfnutqr
    Options
    Check out "Flatout" flat breads. You can get them with extra fiber, and they are only 17g of carbs. Now you can put your favorite inside - cheese, or some left-over meat, or lunch meat, or tuna, or whatever.

I also like "Arnold" sandwich thins toasted. Now your breakfast sandwich again has lower carbs. And these are "the bomb" for when you splurge on a hamburger.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/browse-results.asp?category=Breakfast

check out the link above, it might have some good choices....
  • TopazCarey
    Options
    My go to breakfast is usually oatmeal. Sometimes I add a little peanut butter or nutella (if I wanna spare the extra calories) and other things like cinnamon and raisins. Idk, I love it.
  • Katie41907
    Options
    Start small. Go with just a piece of wheat toast then add one of your fave toppings: tbsp jelly, laughing cow cheese, cream cheese, melted butter, honey.

If you aren't big on bread, try oatmeal or cereal. There are tons of things. I HATE eggs so I'm getting very creative. Fruit salads are also a nice change to a boring morning!

Whatever I want in the morning, I check how many calories it will be before I eat it.
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong with bacon slapped between two slices of whole wheat bread.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal with a teaspoon of brown sugar and a tablespoon of peanut butter stirred in. It comes out to around 260 calories if I'm remembering correctly.
  • Magnaman867
    Magnaman867 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a protein drink for breakfast. Jay Robbs is great tasting protein. He has a flavor called orange dreamcicle. Or You can start with vanilla and doctor it up with 1/2 a bananna, favorite berries and to sweeten it if you want it sweeter use Stevia in the raw. I love shakes for breakfast
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    What do you like for lunch? Just eat that. My breakfast this week has been 400-calorie Jamaican spicy beef turnovers. They are so filling, I don't want lunch!
  • Annemouse
    Options
    Fruit, fruit, fruit!