Zumba

Options
Hello! :)

I'm joining Zumba classes on Tuesday 31st January and was wondering if anyone else does Zumba? I'll be a newbie and I'm pretty nervous if I must say. As expected I'm really self conscious and all that so throwing my body around isn't exactly a comforting idea but I've been wanting to do Zumba for a while now. Can anyone share any experiences?

Also, I was wondering if there are anyone local to me who would like to join with me? I'm in Portsmouth. The lady who's classes I'm joining mainly does them in Havant but she holds classes on Tuesday evenings at John Pounds Centre in Portsmouth. :) Originally I was going to go alone but I mentioned it to my friend today at college who is also a member of MFP (which I found out today!) and she is going to join me too. I thought it would be even better if we could get a group of us going? :)

Replies

• MandieBellie
    MandieBellie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You will have a BLAST! My advice is to get in the middle so you can watch everyone aroudn you. It moves fast, but such a great work-out. I have gone only twice and I enjoy it alot. Also, you dont have to jump. I have not go good knees so I dont jump and still get a great work-out.

Have fun!
  • three36love
    three36love Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been going for over a year now, and I LOVE zumba! My advice is to not give up even if your first few classes are really hard. You'll catch on to the dances and become really good at it. Also, try other instructors as they all have different styles and you may like one more than another.
  • greeneyedaries
    greeneyedaries Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba!!! I have the tapes and I do them at home. Best exercise ever..I hope you enjoy your self and have great fun..
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA ROCKS!
  • jmorrow123
    Options
    My schedule doesn't allow for me to attend classes since I don't have a babysitter for my little ones after work so I bought the Zumba Wii game. I am going to start 3 times a week starting today. Hope this helps some of you who have the same problem and it is cheaper than the cost of weekly classes.
  • tlp148
    tlp148 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba! I think you will enjoy yourself. Don't worry about being embarrassed or not knowing the routines. As my instructor says...."don't follow tracey, she dances to her own routine"... and she is right. Move and have fun.
  • jms1985
    jms1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Zumba is SO much fun! What I tell new people who come to the classes I'm at is to give it 3 classes before making a decision. I was very discouraged after my first class, but I went ahead & went again. That time around, I knew a little bit more what to expect. And by the third class, I was starting to pick up some of the steps & it began to be really fun! Good luck, you will love it! I have yet to meet someone who didn't enjoy it!