breakfast ideas?

Options
So, I usually eat a bowl of multi grain cheerios with out milk so I am not getting any protein. Since I am not getting the protein, my energy levels drop to non existent. would adding an egg into that meal make for enough protein? I know that there is a lot of cholesterol in an egg and I didn't know if that would effect my weight loss in a negative way. I do not eat fried foods or other fatty things, or haven't been lately. Also, I cannot have milk because of an intolerance. I really need to work in protein so if any of you have an suggestions for me, I would greatly appreciate it!

Replies

• andiecorbo
    Options
    Have you tried protein shakes? How about thick, old-fashioned oatmeal cooked with berries of your choice added in? Cream of wheat is also filling. Small meals spread throughout the day also have helped me. Eating eggs in moderation shouldn't be a problem, at least it hasn't for me. Good luck with your goals!
  • sassyjvg
    Options
    Egg beaters is your friend loaded with lots of protein and no cholesterol. Add more fiber to help satisfy your hunger such as red peppers, spinach, mushrooms, ect. They are super low in calories btw. Also, you can add a 1/4 cup of low fat mozzerella cheese to further add taste, and add a bit of calcium. Don't forget to top it off with a yummy couple of tablespoons of salsa. Yuummy! I usually either wrap it in a low carb high fiber tortilla shell or just eat a small/medium apple and drink a cup of hot green tea. This meal carries me with not a lot of calories but lots of flavor and good for you variety. That bowl of cereal, no offense, sounds rather incomplete, and well... boring, but I'm just say no offense! You are allowed and it is recommended at least 1,200 calories a day.
  • andiecorbo
    Options
    "Add more fiber to help satisfy your hunger such as red peppers, spinach, mushrooms, ect. They are super low in calories btw. Also, you can add a 1/4 cup of low fat mozzerella cheese to further add taste, and add a bit of calcium. Don't forget to top it off with a yummy couple of tablespoons of salsa. " That DOES sound yummy!! I'm going to try this myself! Oatmeal and shakes sound pretty boring, too, come to think of it....
  • sassyjvg
    Options
    You can also try some greek yogurt and add a variety of fruit, and top it with a bit of lower fat granola cereal, simular to what is sold at McDonald's but with more protein from the greek yogurt.
  • lettydawn
    Options
    I completely agree with you. just cereal doesn't hold me over and like I said, Since I am eating all carbs and no protein, I feel my energy levels rise and then plummet. Thank you for the ideas! As for the protein shakes, I do that for lunch! they are okay, but I don't think that I can do them more then once a day. they are very filling though, at least for me.
  • sassyjvg
    Options
    @Andiecorbo, I'm not giving up on oatmeal, or shakes just yet either! I eat both of those items, but I like to mix a quartet of flavors for my palet, therefore I am always searching for innovative ways to "shake" things up a bit so that I don't once again check out because of absence of flavor or lack of variety.