Cucumber Cream Cheese Recipe? Anyone have a good one?

Options
So at a local cafe, I love their cucumber cream cheese tea sandwiches (however, I would prefer more cucumber, less cream cheese than what they put in).

Does anyone have a good low fat recipe for the type of mixture that would go in a little tea sandwich to make at home? I of course bought fat free cream cheese, and the cucumber, but I can't find a good recipe online that looks like what I'm talking about!

Replies

• kev1124
    kev1124 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite things to make!

Deseed 1/2 - 1 whole cucumber depending on how cucumber-y you want it. Salt and drain it until most of the water is out. Chop or shred the cucumber - depending on if you like it chunky or not. I also add in a little grated or chopped onion.

Then you can take 2 parts fat free cream cheese (I use reduced fat cream cheese) and to 1 part fat free or reduced fat sour cream - make sure the cream cheese is softened and mix them together!

Mix the cucumber and onion in to the sour cream/cheese mixture and add pepper if you like - it may need more salt even though the cucumbers have been salted.

Let me know if you try it and enjoy it!! I like serving it on a pita or reduced fat ritz.
  • laceykg
    laceykg Posts: 13
    Options
    Bump!
  • jms1985
    jms1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Saving this! Love cucumbers!
  • mommyrockz
    mommyrockz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy