Yummy Sandwich

Options
I've been hearing about mashed avocado instead of mayonnaise (healthy fat) and have recently re-discovered hummus (soo good for you and delicious with vegie sticks... I especially like jicama, snap pea pods and celery with any flavor hummus) - and decided to incorporate these two ingredients into a sandwich. What I came up with was 2 slices of sprouted 7 grain bread, one spread with 1/4 mashed avocado (about 1 1/2 Tablespoons) and the other spread with 1 Tablespoon kalamata olive hummus, about 2 oz of sliced chicken breast (I poach a couple of chicken breasts and keep in fridge to use in everything. I used about 1/2 of one of these), and about 1 oz of reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, sliced (I found a celtic sharp cheddar at Trader Joe's). I would have added a lettuce leaf or a few sprouts for some crunch, but I was caught without either in the house. I swear, this was one of the most delicious sandwiches I have come up with in quite a while. Added a cup of vegetable soup, a glass of iced green tea and was full, full, full! And happy! Hope this is useful for someone! 295 calories, 15 carbs, 14 grams fat and 8 grams fiber in the sandwich!

Replies

• swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing! Now I want a sandwich... ha!
  • falana29
    Options
    That sound's delicious. I will have to try it.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Now I want a sandwich... ha!

ditto
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Yummy!! :-)
  • jms1985
    jms1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I recently experimented with avocado myself.... I made a chicken salad sandwich using about 1/4th the normal amount of mayo you would put in (I still wanted to be able to like it if the avocado didn't work) & then chunks of the avocado. It was so creamy and delicious! Considering cutting out the mayo completely & trying what you did!