Why do I want to eat more?!

Options
I am not good at tracking calories...when I've done it in the past, I've lost weight, but I also get myself so worked up and obsess over what I'm eating. I see that I have some calories left for the day, and I feel compelled to eat them - and I will probably go over them. But why? Does anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• devenwarvel
    devenwarvel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am going through that exact thing at the moment! I have calories left, my husband is going out and all I can think is "Well, I have enough for a few beers...", BUT I know that will lead to munchie food and ruin my whole day! So, here I sit eating my 4th "Cutie" of the night.
  • abgliderpro
    Options
    Yes...it can be hard. I am conquoring it slowly. You can do it! Say a prayer to Jesus and he will help you become what you want, he loves you! You CAN and WILL lose it!!!!
  • avesoriano
    Options
    I think eating is an inevitable issue in our social culture. I was raised as a food fanatic. My dad and brother were chef. It doesnt help
    either if your bf an gfs are with a huge appetite. I dont know
    If drinking tons of water will work. Im giving iy a try right now
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have 55 cals left for the day. I don't know if I should eat an apple, or just let it go. Sigh.
  • cakeums
    Options
    I am going through that exact thing at the moment! I have calories left, my husband is going out and all I can think is "Well, I have enough for a few beers...", BUT I know that will lead to munchie food and ruin my whole day! So, here I sit eating my 4th "Cutie" of the night.

I had a glass of wine, and now I want to eat. That's probably why tonight! But I swear, every night it's like a compulsion!
  • mirandalynnw
    Options
    This may not be so great either, but try having a diet coke or a seltzer water with lemon, the fizz helps... and do something else. part of it may be that you are bored? Just stick with it!!! you will feel soooo much better about yourself if you don't give in to that little snack!
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I have 55 cals left for the day. I don't know if I should eat an apple, or just let it go. Sigh.

Just let it go... lol drink a glass of water and call it a night. I usually leave those calories "for the birds"... lol
  • cakeums
    Options
    I'm going to have a cup of tea and then go to bed!
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I'm going to have a cup of tea and then go to bed!

Tea sounds good... I think I'm going to have some as well. Have a good night!
  • run_panda_run
    run_panda_run Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth. Seriously, if I'm feeling munchy but not really hungry I'll brush my teeth. There's something about having a minty fresh mouth that makes me not want to put food in it, lol
  • melmatt2010
    Options
    I still have over 100 calories left & I feel hungry, but I'm over on fat & protein. It's 11:30 & I hate to eat right before bed. I don't think I'll be able to sleep if I'm hungry.
  • avesoriano
    Options
    Brush your teeth. Seriously, if I'm feeling munchy but not really hungry I'll brush my teeth. There's something about having a minty fresh mouth that makes me not want to put food in it, lol

I think i might give this a try. :)