Britta Pitchers

Options
Does anyone use a Britta pitcher? Is it worth it?

We buy gallons of water but its such a pain filling them.

Replies

• tiggera81
    tiggera81 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use a pur pitcher which is the same thing. I think it's totally worth it and nice not to have to haul it from the store. The filters last about 3 months and are super easy to change (they come in packs of 3 as well). I couldn't live without mine.
  • PeaceLoveStrength
    PeaceLoveStrength Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    They are absolutely worth it!
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love mine! Use it everyday! It's wonderful.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I have a britta pitcher - but stopped using it. I didn't find any difference in the taste of the water from the pitcher vs. out of the tap.... I guess it depends on how clean your tap water is where you live. I'm very lucky and have great local water to drink. I never buy bottled water.
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    love it! if you're thinking about getting it, i think it's a great investment! my family alternates between boiling water and filtering it through brita. for the times we don't have time to boil, the brita comes in really handy! also, it cuts down greatly on plastic waste =).
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I love mine! Use it everyday! It's wonderful.

^ what she said!
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options
    Totally worth it!
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    yes & we love it !!! very worth it and, as other said the refills come in 3 packs and last around 3 months & we refill our pitcher about 2 a day :)
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Our tap water has a slightly 'wet dog' smell to it and a lot of chlorine, especially in summer, so I use a Britta. I drink a gallon or more of water a day so I want it to taste and smell good! I watch for coupons, and Kroger's runs the refills on special about every 10 weeks so I can usually get them on sale and with the coupon. I think they're very worth while, especially if you live in a large metro area without really good tasting water.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Our water very often smells of chlorine too, which for someone with hyperosmia such as myself, means that it's like drinking from a swimming pool! My Brita takes all that away, and gives me lovely 'clean' tasting water.

I also use it when I'm dyeing wool because the water here also contains a lot of iron, which saddens the colours of natural dyestuffs. Using filtered water gives me far better results...and pretty wool! :smile:
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Although our tap water is pretty good, I still love my Britta. It`s great to have cool water in the fridge all the time and use it to brew my coffee & tea. My pitcher also has a digital reminder to change filters--without it, I`ll definitely forget.:)