How do I know this is the right way to lose?

Options
I'll tell you how I know!

I lost 38 pounds in 9 months. So it did take a while, and it was hard but I lost it.

Over my 3 week vacation I gained back 5 of those pounds.

It took me 2 days of logging and 1 workout to lose 3 of those pounds.

So the moral of the story is: if you lose the weight slowly, it's easier to maintain! keep at it and don't get discouraged! Slow and steady wins the race!

Replies

• Angel87a
    Angel87a Posts: 113
    Options
    Thanks I needed to read this... still haven't reached my goal but it will come with time!! xoxo
  • mrrodriguez
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I've seen friends lose weight really fast and then re-gain it again. I am slow and steady when I run in foot races, and it's how I made it through graduate school. The Gazelle's are slowly passed by the tortoises. I am planning another year to be at my goal.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Yes - yes - yes ..... So agree with you! Picked up 6 lbs between the 20th December and 1 st January ...... By 4th Jan I was back where I was 20th Dec.....and right back on track for 2012.....
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I agree with you.

Also, Those R not your calves. R they? Please tell us how to do that too.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I agree with you.

Also, Those R not your calves. R they? Please tell us how to do that too.

haha those are my calves lol i run a lot...and my dad's are the same so it's part genetics. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!