how do you curb your sweet tooth?

Options
.......gave in to temptation but a very small one. kids had some christmas candy and ther was a bite size 3 musketeers piece of candy and yes.........the candy won lol. what do you guys do to curb the sweet tooth or what tastes pretty good to satisfy the craving?

Replies

• Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/436390-healthy-treats

best to give into it, find things that aren't so bad. I find that if I deny myself I GORGE on something really bad. I listed all of my favorites at the end of this thread!
  • CalorieArson
    CalorieArson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been using a little high fiber cereal to satisfy it. Original Cheerios has only 100cal per cup! And its healthy! Other than that though, its a whole lot of determination... The stronger the urge, the stronger I fight it. I won't let food control me.
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    I really try and keep things real....this is a forever lifestyle for me, so I allow what fits into my caloric intake. There's really nothing you can't have, only the amount should really be the focus...

log it...log everything...ahead of time helps tremendously, as well :smile:

I love coffee and almonds
    oranges and ruby red grapefruit
    popsicles/fruit bars

keep it real :happy:
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    BRUSH YOUR TEETH with strong minty toothpaste. :)
  • ljedmom
    ljedmom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of water and eat fruit. And tell my husband to keep it in his car :)
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I really try and keep things real....this is a forever lifestyle for me, so I allow what fits into my caloric intake. There's really nothing you can't have, only the amount should really be the focus...

log it...log everything...ahead of time helps tremendously, as well :smile:

I agree with this. I would be a very miserable person if I felt that things were "off limits" so I eat within my calories and I enjoy life. Honestly I think you handled it perfectly. You only ate one "mini" to satisfy the sweet tooth and you stopped. That's what I think it's all about.

Kudos to you!
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    Ha! Agree with SleepyTexan if you want to avoid...

Skinny Cow ice cream truffles. Or anything Skinny Cow.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to do like the Emporer from Star Wars and give into the dark side. Otherwise, you'll go crazy. Like most things in life, moderation is key!
  • gigglemachine
    gigglemachine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hot Chocolate!

My favourite is Cadbury highlights dark hot chocolate - only 40 cals a mug! In close second is Skinny Cow mint hot choc - i think that has about 40 cals per serving too
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    Lots of fruit. Also, I really enjoy Fiber One's 90 calorie brownies. They are really good!
  • larat71
    larat71 Posts: 60
    Options
    Apples, apples, apples! I peel one, cut it into bite sized chunks, put 1/4 tsp of butter on it and microwave it for 2 minutes. Take it out and sprinkle it with ground cinnamon and 1 tsp of light brown sugar. Nuke it again for 2 minutes and let it sit for a sec before you eat it. It is SUPER yummy and only 129 calories!!!
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    With skinny pumpkin cupcakes like I made tonight. YUM!
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    1 TBSP of Kroger Hazelnut spread with cocoa (Nutella, but made with skim milk=less calories), put it on a low sodium rice cake, and you have a 110 calorie Sweet snack! Tastes just like chocolate covered pretzels!
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    cut up some apples, and top them with cinnamon, and bake until a little crispy. works like a charm!
  • Bellyroll
    Bellyroll Posts: 316
    Options
    I eat strawberries, cherries and blue berries when I want something sweet. If that does not work 100 cal packs.
  • Renonvme
    Renonvme Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just make cupcakes using a box of french vanilla cake mix and 12 oz of diet coke lime. That's it. Baked according to the directions. 80 calories each and .8 g fat. 9.5 g sugar and really yummy!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 90 Calorie Fudge Brownies or Vitamuffin 100 calories
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    For me, it has to do with exercise. When I'm exercising it absolutely drives home the point of how long it takes to burn off those calories. So, since I don't want to essentially blow my workouts, I just walk away from the foods that I know are really going to mess it up for me. Also, from a financial standpoint, I'm not blowing money on junk. The better I do with my exercise and nutrition plan, the more motivated I am to continue with it.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    fiber one brownies, 90 cal, flavored choc yogurt, ff pudding, ff kettle corn popcorn. nana with choc sauce and cool whip free i just substitute things i am willing to eat now. and if i really want something i exercise more. had a brownie with ice cream last night ate half, half was enough from red lobster but it was so worth it and now i can forget about my cravings for a while. you dont want to totally eliminate if you are used to eating it. otherwise you will be miserable and gorge on stuff dont really want. fit it into your day.
  • web1one
    Options
    Hot cocoa wjem I'm craving chocolate candybar. 80 calories verses 250!