restaurant food question

Options
Hi, I was just wondering----I started a new job today and will be going out to lunch for the next few days (including today). Most of the restaurants are not chains and therefore their menus are not listed on this site. Do you typically just try and guess based on another item that sounds similar? (And yes, I know this is not ideal and I should technically be high-maintenance and ask for grilled chicken with no butter or something, but starting a new job I am not going to be "that girl"....I have been a waitress and I also find this irritating when people make all these special requests anyway!) Just curious what your thoughts are? I plan on in the future bringing my lunch, but I know I am obligated for the next few days.

Thanks!

Replies

• wantthistowork
    Options
    bumping this up, I am curious if anyone has an answer
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I usually break it down into its constituent groups and then add too much salt and oil, but sometimes I just find a chain meal that is similar. Unless you eat out every day, it's not a big deal. And if you do eat out every day, I'll send you some recipes and you send me some of that extra money!