Zumba on Wii

Options

Replies

• cece62002
    Options
    I just started back doing it this week! I did it a few months ago, a few times a week and I managed to lose about 19lbs. That was with going to the gym some days and watching everything I ate as well.

I am still using Zumba 1. How do you track calories on that one? Any help would be appreciated.
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just started back doing it this week! I did it a few months ago, a few times a week and I managed to lose about 19lbs. That was with going to the gym some days and watching everything I ate as well.

I am still using Zumba 1. How do you track calories on that one? Any help would be appreciated.

I used www.zumbacalories.com to track. Now I have a HRM.
  • Stacey_c123
    Stacey_c123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think rumba is just amazing! Doesn't even feel like your doing a workout, just feels like your having fun :D I think I could do it every day! :)
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just did a moderate class for 40 min & burned 652 cals having FUN!! So much more entertaining than the elliptical :)
  • jms1985
    jms1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for Zumba on the Wii.... but maybe I'll give it a try again? Glad it is working for you! I love going to Zumba classes:)
  • abqchica
    Options
    I just got the Zumba 2 for Wii, and really like it. It's a great workout. I loved taking Zumba classes, but those aren't practical for me anymore.
  • avesoriano
    Options

I used www.zumbacalories.com to track. Now I have a HRM.

Where did you buy your hrm? How much
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i got zumba 2 for chrismas and was super pumped to do it. Then i tried and i realise that i am SO WHITE. i seriously have 0 rythm and can not get these freaking moves figured out. I aslo got just dance 3 and i do like that you move alot and the moves are more basic for me to follow i guess. I just feel very very very uncoordinated when i play zumba
  • BrandNewDaisy
    Options
    So fun. Also got my copy for Christmas, and my daughter got a Wii :P
    I'm considering making her a kid-size belt (that doesn't have to be tied in a way to tear up the velcro) so we can play together. We also got Just Dance for Kids, and that's fun too.
    For now I have been trying to get my Zumba on while she is at school.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I keep looking at it. I keep thinking about it. I might just have to do it. I think I'll but it tomorrow. How long are you guys doing it each time?
  • shawntay52
    Options
    Hello,
    I got the Zumba 2 for the wii for christmas and i started my workout plan this week. I was wondering how you know how many calories you burn? I know that at the end of your 20 minute session that it will give you points, is that the calories?
  • shawntay52
    Options
    I also got the Just Dance 3 and i have to say that it is amazing!
  • courtgosvener
    courtgosvener Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Not sure what I am missing. I bought it, put it in and thought it was too much show. I didn't really do it though. But I sold it so maybe I should have given it another shot? :/ It seems like 99% of people that do it like it.....hmm...I was just distracted by all the "sets" and stuff. The graphics are better than the first one though!
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    When I do Zumba on the Wii, I listen to my own music.
  • vilyli6
    vilyli6 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am definitely getting it, but going to make sure I am home alone when it happens LOL. If my kids saw me trying to Zumba, all the neighbors and family and friends would get a full description of what they witnessed and it wouldn't be pretty. I will be in my room with the door locked :laugh:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I got the Zumba 2 for the wii for christmas and i started my workout plan this week. I was wondering how you know how many calories you burn? I know that at the end of your 20 minute session that it will give you points, is that the calories?

it gives you points, accuracy, and calories burnt. theres another place that tells your accuracy, time, weight and calories burnt for that day. thats the best part, i dont have to add them all up it does it for me.
  • holly1229
    Options
    I do it, its a great cardio routine, depending on the time i have, i would do the 20, or the 45 min workout, it burns a great amount of calories, and keeps you sweating! (:
  • nrwines
    Options
    I havent tried the Zumba yet for Wii........I've thought about it. Right now for extra calorie burn I will play Just Dance with the kiddos......its calorie burn + quality time all in one.:happy:
  • sunflower_yogi
    sunflower_yogi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    haven't tried it yet, but we got it for our 14 yr old for xmas.... i am not a huge Zumba fan in general, but am certainly willing to give the Wii a try!
  • Blueeyed1985
    Blueeyed1985 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba on the Wii! I also love Just Dance 3 on the Wii! They both burn lots of calories and are a lot of fun. Good luck!