Hot Air Popcorn Popper

Options
I got a hot air popcorn popper for Christmas and I LOVE it!!! I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for healthy toppings? So far I have really enjoyed a little olive oil with seasoned salt....super good!!!

Replies

• chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    spray it with a little bit of pam as it's coming out of the popper and add butter buds or powdered cheese. There are A LOT of powdered toppings for popcorn out now. Also, powdered ranch dressing is good :)
  • kdw_130
    kdw_130 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I spray mine with becel spray (5 sprays = 0 cals), and then add some Kernels Canadian Cheddar seasoning. The butter spray adds just the right about of moist to help the seasoning attach. I find when I don't add it the seasoning falls right off and is no where near as yummy
  • MadDogTannen22
    MadDogTannen22 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I spray the I can't believe its not butter spray on mine, mmmmm! I add seasoning sometimes (powder in the popcorn section, supposedly 5 calories) but I have to spray something on the popcorn or it wont stick.
  • emt11dgreene
    Options
    if ya like a little spice old bay is awesome on popcorn
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    If you have a Target iwht food nearby, check out their snack section... They have a great selection of popcorn flavors. My personal Fave is Sea Salt and vinegar
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,996 Member
    Options
    I love to sprinkle a little bit of parmesan cheese on it...YUM
  • chai_latte
    chai_latte Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    yumm popcorn ;) I just finished half a bag right now (midnight munchies) and I had sprinkled some garam masala powder on top and ate a few dates aswell (sweet and spicy)

love the other ideas guys!! I will give those a try
  • mshidden
    mshidden Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Brewer's yeast
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i sprinkle on some "Kettle Corn Seasoning and pumpkin pie spice! YUMMM-O!~!!!
  • lisadhancock
    Options
    i like to put some frank's wing sauce on my popcorn. i read today that making it with coconut oil gives it a great flavor.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I used to take air popped popcorn, put it into a tightly sealed tupperware, with a couple tbsp of butter flavored Molly McButter and then shake furiously. Really, any fine powder will work well when the popcorn is fresh and hot. Parmesan will make your breath smell but it's pretty good.

There's all sorts of popcorn topping recipes that you can Google.
  • JPDad
    JPDad Posts: 147
    Options
    There are few restaurants here that serve popcorn with truffle oil on it.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Kernel Season' popcorn spritzer followed by chili lime is one of my favorites. They make several really good flavorings.