Is there one food...

Options
MFPfriend
MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
... that you just HAD to give up to lose weight?

For me, it's cereal with milk. I can't do it, and I probably won't ever eat when I'm maintaining my weight. I just can't stop when I eat it. It's the one food that does that to me. I could eat an entire box of cereal and not feel full, and I'm hungry half an hour later.

Do you guys have a food like that? Or is it just me?

Replies

• jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I like batter. Any kind of batter. So I dont go there. Its too hard to not eat. Banana muffin batter is the best.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    im not giving up nor will ever give up anything, but im not safe with a box of nature's path peanut butter cookies in the house. or should i say, the box is not safe.:laugh:
  • avesoriano
    Options
    Rice. I just have to let it go sadly.
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I've for the most part given up peanut butter because its so high in cals and when i make a PB and J i lay it on thick. I still eat milk and cereal for breakfast but I measure out servings.
  • samantha64118
    Options
    Movie theatre butter popcorn...I can't do just the healthy popcorn...it's gotta be dripping in butter...but I feel *disgusting* after I eat it, especially when I used to go through a whole bag...so I just don't eat it anymore.
  • Annemouse
    Options
    Juice - I used to drink about 8 glasses a day, but now I've replaced about 6 of those with water. Can't quite give it all up, but I've cut out a lot of calories!
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. any kind. I just love it..better than any sweet or other food out there. I don't need it around me and if I do I have to buy a pint lol
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I haven't had to give up anything in particular, but I do have to give up take out food. I love to cook and I trained as a chef so I can cook, I just can't be bothered to cook. Lol. Take out was much more convenient. And it might have something to do with the weight gain..

Joining this site has forced me to look at what I eat and really think about things, it's also encouraging me to try different recipes and meal plans which is great.

Keep the Galaxy Caramel chocolate bars away from me though. I can devour 150g bar in minutes. Bloody delicious.
  • shaneNSW
    shaneNSW Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Malteser chocolate slice....
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I cannot trust myself to not over eat. I could eat 3000calories/day no problem, if I let my old eating habits creep back in. So I have to give up over-eating more than not eating any one particular food.

I totally agree about cereal. I was the same way. One box would last me a few days. Eating cereal like this is partially why I am 50lbs overweight.

I also don't think I can eat candy bars like I used to. They are so high in calories and do not quell the hunger.

I am a homemade dessert girl. I love to make them, then eat the whole thing. I can make fabulous pies, cakes, brownies, bars, cookies, cobblers, puddings, choc mousse, cheesecake. You name it, I can make it, and it tastes world-class. But I eat 5portions at one late-night go. So I have to be very careful about having a single portion, like a slender girl would.
  • calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out completely, but I try my best to avoid buying chips, because I could eat the whole bag in a day or two. Mmmm chips.
  • Hannnie836
    Options
    Movie butter popcorn is my weakness too, I can easily eat a bag in one sitting. So I don't even keep it in the house anymore.
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    Two things but for the same reason....... popcorn and crumpets. Both I have to have SMOTHERED in butter nom nom nom nom nom!
  • mammafrog
    mammafrog Posts: 176
    Options
    Soda! I have banned them from my house because I can't help but drink them.
  • Hannnie836
    Options
    Movie butter popcorn is my weakness too, I can easily eat a bag in one sitting. So I don't even keep it in the house anymore.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    any food containing wheat, high fructose corn syrup, or artificial sweeteners.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Jelly beans. Specifically this one brand that makes a bag of cherry variety flavored ones.
  • avesoriano
    Options
    I thought of another culprit- starbucks