Ladies who lift heavy...

Options
... Do you workout alone, or do you have a buddy? I want to start ramping up my weight training, but I am a solo artist at the gym, with no peeps who are remotely interested in joining the gym. I do have disc damage in my neck at C5 - C6, and don't want to make it any worse. My chiropractor is on board with me doing weights, and he especially wants me doing squats with the barbell, and not on the Smith machine.

I just worry about going alone without a spotter, or someone to help correct my form. So do you go alone? I'm considering hiring a trainer to help me gain confidence and form until I'm ready to go it alone...

Replies

• EIEIannone
    EIEIannone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would definitely go with a trainer first, since you say you don't have friends that really want to go to the gym. They will make sure you are doing the correct form so you won't cause yourself further damage.

I love lifting heavy weights. I was nervous at first because I didn't want to get bulky, but then I found out about Staci on nerdfitness.com. She is awesome.

Good luck!
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I would definitely go with a trainer first, since you say you don't have friends that really want to go to the gym. They will make sure you are doing the correct form so you won't cause yourself further damage.

I love lifting heavy weights. I was nervous at first because I didn't want to get bulky, but then I found out about Staci on nerdfitness.com. She is awesome.

Good luck!

I'm definitely not worried about getting bulky! My legs are already taking on some crazy definition, and I want to keep at it!

Anyone else?