Pregnant mom on a mission

Options
Happy New Year everyone! I am having my 2nd baby due July 2012. I have been on this site for about 11 months! I have been on a weightloss journey and have been sucessful. Now that I am pregnant I don't want to gain what I have lost. If any pregnant moms have any advise I would love to hear it!

Have a safe and happy weekend!

Replies

• auburngirl06
    auburngirl06 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I don't have any advice but wanted to say I'm right there with you. I'm due with baby #3 in September and do not want to gain any unneccessary weight. I lost 50 pounds over a year ago and have managed to keep it off this whole time. I'm petrified I am going to go hog wild and just say the heck with it! I really really don't want to do that!

I'm here if you'd like to chat sometime. I searched the boards for an expecting thread, but couldn't find one.

Happy & Healthy 9 months to you!
  • flxbankermom
    flxbankermom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I actually looked up pregnant and found some groups. Well if you ever want to chat you can message me we can lose/maintain together! :) Congrats.
  • Demwitted
    Options
    Me too. I only lost 20 lbs... my goal was to lose much more, but the pregnancy happened faster than I expected it to.

Add me if you like. Have you seen the Fit, Fabulous and Pregnant thread? It's been pretty helpful for me.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Due August 2012 with #3 friend requests on their way!!!!! :)
  • Emariela
    Emariela Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!. I just recently gave birth to my first daughter in april also. My advice to you is to follow your doctors order and try not to eat everything your crave. I put on 40lbs during my pregnancy.. went from 139 to 179lb because i was eating anything an everything. but now i have lost all of it back from using MFP. U are on a great start so far, Congrats again and good luck:)
  • Correny
    Correny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! on both your weight loss and your soon to be coming bundle of joy in July! My best advice is the best quality of food. I am a 6'0'' woman and I weighed more than people realize (bummer that the scale doesn't lie verses our clothing cover up!) so when I was pregnant with my son I was weighing in at 270lbs. I, myself was on a weight loss journey and I think since I was getting healthier I got pregnant quicker. I didn't have much to be able to gain because I didn't want to end up having a high risk pregnancy, but I also didn't want to "diet" and withholding any nutrients from me or my son. The more veggies you consume the better. I made sure to change it up as much as I could. I am a good eater so I ate a lot of steamed veggies with wild rice. I had veggie packed homemade soups, and I made sure to take my Omega Fish Oil supplements along with my Juice Plus+ prenatals. Also, when I would have a craving, I would be sure to have it no matter what, just buy it in moderation portion and not in bulk or have it around the house. If I knew it was there, I would eat it. After having my son, I ended up losing 50 lbs! My son was super healthy and weighed in a 8 lbs 15.7 ozs & 20 3/4 inches long. Prenatal Yoga is a safe way also to stay in shape that is worry free of overdoing it with your baby.
  • gingermelv
    Options
    Me too! I am also due July 2012 and really don't want to put on a ridiculous amount of weight as it took me ages to get it off and I suffered from post natal depression. I am not sure what my calorie intake should be - 1800? Would love to join a group if there is one about. Congratulations to you guys too!
  • runpiggyrun
    Options
    Congratulations to all you mums to be. Can I just offer some safety information that you should not diet whilst you are pregnant. You just need to eat a healthy balanced diet and do gentle exercising like walking, if you currently do not do much exercise or continue with your normal exercise if you have had the ok from your midwife or doctor. Your midwife can give you guidlines about how much weight you may put on in normal ranges. But eat healthy and when your body is asking for it.:)
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    We're thinking about trying to get pregnant in the next few months but part of me is terrified that it will stall my weightloss and send it backwards! Plus, I'm liking the idea of enjoying a slimmer, healthier me for a while!
  • Demwitted
    Demwitted Posts: 163
    Options
    Me too! I am also due July 2012 and really don't want to put on a ridiculous amount of weight as it took me ages to get it off and I suffered from post natal depression. I am not sure what my calorie intake should be - 1800? Would love to join a group if there is one about. Congratulations to you guys too!

It depends on your current weight. I have mine set on maintenance until I get in to see my doctor.
  • gingermelv
    Options
    Thanks Demwitted, I have changed my settings to maintenance. I am not being silly about it but really don't want to go mad like last time!