New Year, new me

Options
Hi All

I used this site/app a bit last year with limited success, mainly due to my motivation.

So, I have a big year ahead, my sister is getting married and I have a big holiday coming up with the lady so I want to have a healthier more trim body by then...

Weighed myself last night, this has become our Tuesday ritual, and I was 18 stone 0.5lbs.

The target is to lose about 2lbs per week so that I'm at 15 stone or lower on 19/06/12, the day before we go away.

I've a daily allowance of 1630 calories at the moment, I intend to update this as often as possible, but it's the weekly Tuesday weigh-ins that are the numbers that I'm most concerned with.

I'll be adding in some fitness soon I had a foot injury just before Xmas, that's almost gone. Some running and cycling at first with the posibility of some gym work starting in March(ish).

Any tips for exercises, meals or motivation welcome.

Here goes!

Thanks for reading!

Mark

Replies

• RedKH
    RedKH Posts: 58
    Options
    Hello my lovely man! Looking forward to our first weigh-in!! :-D
    Hope you're having a good day :heart:
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi Mark, good luck with it.
  • chrisjagt
    chrisjagt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    some of the best fitness that helps loose weight are called complexes. They use lighter weights but fluid motion. 1 complex might be

5 push ups into elbow to palm planks to starters to bur-pees to jump and touch.

push-ups (regular push-ups)
    elbow to palm planks (start on your elbows in a push up position then extend your arms to a plank)
    Starters (in the plank position alternate your feet as if you are getting ready to sprint from a starting line
    Bur-pees (in your plank position bring bot legs in and stand up, then squat, put your hands on the floor and extend you legs out behind you into a plank again)

Hope this helps on your quest

Enjoy

Chris
  • MMorgan007
    Options
    Thanks for that Chris, I'll give some of those a go!