struggling to reach calorie goal

Hi,
im on 1200 calories + extras when exercising. My problem is reaching that many calories a day whilst trying to remain healthy.. I dont want to bump it up with processed foods? thanx :happy:

Replies

• Alicja_W
    Alicja_W Posts: 169
    i struggle a lot too :sad: sometimes i really need to eat processed food in the evening as i'm really under my goal :cry:
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    hummous. Peanut butter. Good fats that fill you up and taste gooooooood
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    hummous. Peanut butter. Good fats that fill you up and taste gooooooood
    Also big bowl of porridge with peanut butter for breakfast! mmmmmm
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    well dont have proceced foods then! :noway:
    have a banana or apple or some fruit that does bump it up! :drinker:
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Okay I would highly recommend nuts especially Macadamia and Almonds.. This will definitely bump it up :D
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    This is why crunchies were invented.

Whenever i have this problem i just have a treat, crunchie, protein shake or a beer.
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Yeah, peanut butter is an awesome choice.... 2 tbs of peanut butter in a good clean shake like syntrax, with almond milk and a banana thrown in is around 400 calories with nothing bad added.
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Google high calorie whole foods.
  • Oatmeal, peanut butter, protein shakes, avocado, any nut, bananas, yogurts, whole grain pastas, high protein breakfast cereal, use extra virgin olive oil while cooking, potatoes, etc. etc. - all things super healthy, but on the higher calorie side!

Good luck reaching your goal!
  • kattia1973
    kattia1973 Posts: 25 Member
    Like everyone else says, peanut butter and nuts are good options. You can also try having a cup of skim milk with your meals. Another yummy option would be to have a homemade smoothie. Yogurt, frozen fruit of your choice and milk. If you want it a little sweeter toss in a packet of sweetener.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Protejn bars and shakes. Especially muscle milk which is higher in calories.